Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum, and either i'm an idiot and can't find it or it hasn't been posted.

Has anyone thought about this? The R6 front seems a bit weak and I'm thinking the 6-pot fronts from the R1 would work nicely along with some braided lines.

Any thoughts if it's a direct swap or what's involved?

Thank You

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Braded lines and better pads is all you need or you can upgrade to a brembo master cylinder and calipers for the best result. Just because the R1 has 6 pot fronts dosent make it better. Or are you going for the cool factor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Braded lines and better pads is all you need or you can upgrade to a brembo master cylinder and calipers for the best result. Just because the R1 has 6 pot fronts dosent make it better. Or are you going for the cool factor.

Not a cool factor...i assumed it would grab harder. Also the brembo route is NOT $$$ friendly if i'm not mistaken. I figured a 6 piston front on ebay could come pretty cheap.
I will take your advice and pursue the braided lines first and see the result from there.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
If they dont bolt on the only other way it can be done is to swap the R1 front end onto the R6. I dont know if it can be done but it might be the easyist way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts