Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just sold me 2000 r6 , thinking about getting a newer 1 or an 03-04 r1 any one here rode both and have info on handling ect .obviously the r1 is more powerfull . but any other comparisons to take into account . cheers rich

·
Lets go fishing4twisties
209 Posts
Hi mate,
ive got an 08 r6 and ive ridden my mates 04 r1 a few times. im 6'4" so i found the r1 so comfy compared to the r6 it almost felt like a tourer.

plus's for r1:
better road manners, because of torque, less need for downshifting
comfier for longer miles
crazy power if thats your thing.

minus's for r1;
insurance!!
weight, handling (unless your on a track the r1 just aint as nimble)
and most of all you've really got to be steady on that throttle because that front wheel wants to kiss the sky every time so you find yourself holding back a little and never really pinning it unless wheeling is your thing.

Conclusion;
if you like a hardcore thrashing on the roads then an r6 is plenty. the new r6 and r1 are almost equal in accelaration once you get the r6 going. it looks alot better too.
If you just want all that crazy power between your legs (which u wont use on road anyway) and a comfier ride then get the r1.

Alternative;
get a second hand 06/07 r6 and wait for the new r1 coming out next year.
sorry for the long post:sing

Hope this helps.
peace:toocool:
ps what part of the country are you from??:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just sold me 2000 r6 , thinking about getting a newer 1 or an 03-04 r1 any one here rode both and have info on handling ect .obviously the r1 is more powerfull . but any other comparisons to take into account . cheers rich
thanks for info i better test ride an r1 i dont need a bike that stands up when ya twitch the throttle ,loved me r6 but got a bit fed up with the lack of midrange .took off if ya gave it a handfull though bit of a pig round town though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts