Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone :D
I just purchased a 2017 R6 USA Model that someone imported on his own (In my country they sell only the European model).

I read the differences are mainly cosmetic & some accessories for being "green".

So by putting a full system with open filter & PCV, I removed those "restrictions".

But for the cosmetic side I wonder what can & cannot be changed.

1. The dashboard doesn't allow temperature to be shown in Celsius, maybe someone knows a way to change it? or do I need to put a European dashboard?
2. The right side buttons - kill switch assembly - Is different, If I get the European one will I be able to swap them without issues? (plug n' play)
3. Are there any more differences you know between the 2 models? I couldn't find enough information regarding the difference on the internet.

And one more question, unrelated to the model difference.
On 2017, I looked at Yamaha site for accessories and I saw an OEM Blipper that enables the OEM QS to downshift as well - does anyone knows why they don't sell it anymore? or maybe I saw something that didn't exists?

Thank you all for your time :)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Can't provide direction to all of your questions.

1) The manual shows details on how to switch from imperial to metric. (MPH to km) If I'm not mistaken, that includes temperature.

2/3) We don't have any experience with Euro models to speculate. But it would be easy to determine by looking at the wiring diagrams in the respective service manuals.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
While key on or running hold reset and the other button for like 3 seconds to get metric. Kmh c etc. I have only seen qs for upshifting. Your model would have the immobilizer and special red and black keys. We don't have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't provide direction to all of your questions.

1) The manual shows details on how to switch from imperial to metric. (MPH to km) If I'm not mistaken, that includes temperature.

2/3) We don't have any experience with Euro models to speculate. But it would be easy to determine by looking at the wiring diagrams in the respective service manuals.
]

Maybe I confused you a bit. I have the US Model, no immobilizer too.

Couldn't find a way to convert temp units, only speed, not even on the service manual.:cry:

While key on or running hold reset and the other button for like 3 seconds to get metric. Kmh c etc. I have only seen qs for upshifting. Your model would have the immobilizer and special red and black keys. We don't have it.
Temperature units not changing :(

Thanks for you answers!

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
That is a cruel trick to switch to kmh but still F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts