Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I own a 2020 YZF-R6, recently i noticed that the bike turns his fans on when standing in my garage with no key inside (switch OFF) untill the battery dies.

Tried swapping the temp sensor and still suffering from the same issue.

Any idea what to check next?
Does anyone suffers from the same issue?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
It's most likely that the fan relay has failed closed. Sometimes a bad relay will reset if it's knocked around a bit, but I wouldn't trust it. Any standard 12v 30A 4-pin automotive relay should work.

Fan motor is likely on a wire that is hot-at-all-times. THe relay is tripped when the ECU grounds a 12v connection. Less likely that a short to ground has developed in the wire harness, especially since the 12v signal shouldn't even be available with ignition off.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,520 Posts
2017 fans shut off with the key, even with block at temp that will turn them on. Your wiring must have a short or was modified. Check the radiator thermo switch, fan relay harness, and fusebox.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Second generation bikes; the fan(s) are wired up like the starter motor; hot at all times. Have they changed that with third generation?
Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

I'm thinking it's the same? Looks like they even used the same green/yellow color designation for the signal wire that is grounded via ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts