Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Whats the difference from all the above? I have a 2006 R6 Raven. My V5 says "R6 R"

Whats a 2c0? Is it the same as my bike? Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just did some research, How do I know what R6 mine is? VIN number? Also, which is the best to have? Which has the most bhp?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked vins and it says "2c01"

Does that mean I have a 2c0? Anyways to know for definatly?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
From what I have found, 2CO is the parts model for the 06/07 bikes. In 08, it changed over to 13S for the parts diagram.

R6r is just a slang term used to describe 3rd gen bikes(06 and newer). Technically, the only R6R is the 2003 model, as the letter R was the suffix for the model year, but that is something no one really pays any attention to. Generally speaking, if the part says it is for the R6r, you can be pretty sure they actually meant the 06+ bikes.

Based on all that, if the part is for a 3rd gen, it should fit(with the exception of a few parts).

As for the most brake horsepower, they are all right together. I believe the 08+ actually makes a tiny bit more peak horsepower as well as have a stronger midrange.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I have found, 2CO is the parts model for the 06/07 bikes. In 08, it changed over to 13S for the parts diagram.

R6r is just a slang term used to describe 3rd gen bikes(06 and newer). Technically, the only R6R is the 2003 model, as the letter R was the suffix for the model year, but that is something no one really pays any attention to. Generally speaking, if the part says it is for the R6r, you can be pretty sure they actually meant the 06+ bikes.

Based on all that, if the part is for a 3rd gen, it should fit(with the exception of a few parts).

As for the most brake horsepower, they are all right together. I believe the 08+ actually makes a tiny bit more peak horsepower as well as have a stronger midrange.
Right. Well mine is a R6 Raven and it's a 2006. It produces around 112~ bhp on the dyno. Is this correct? I thought it was meant to be 120+?

Thanks

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
The 120 HP rating was at the crank, not the rear wheel

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
Why do you keep saying raven... Like it matters..

Raven is nothing but the black paint.. Nothing special about it..

·
Do you even lean bro?
164 Posts
Ravens are for the person who really thinks flat black is cool.

Other than that it is a flat black R6.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts