Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. i have recently swapped my gsxr k1 for a 99 r6 which had a suspected carb issue now motorcycle will tick over fine when cold but once up to optimum temperature between 60-80c it will begin to run like a pig the idle drops when giving the throttle a sudden blip then the engine will die otherwise when sat stationary the idle will drop and engine will die i assumed after much cleaning of carbs looking at manuels that the engine was the issue so i stripped it down before doing so i had 145-160psi per cylinder which isnt horrendous but not great either so i stripped it down found slight scoring and 1 cracked cylinder so i then continued on to get another engine once fitted the problem still persisted after which i decided the loom in the bike was awful so replaced that along with all relays and ecu i then replaced the fuel pump spark plugs and coils i cleared all vacum pipes and tank breather hoses and the tank breather itself i have a short can on the bike which i am exchanging for a genuine can shortly as maybe having less back pressure isnt helping or not much backpressure at all i have ran out of ideas as it is now on its third set of carbs i have reset the tps as per manuel it is at roughly 5.5k revs on the dial which is the closest it will go without going miles out but ever since setting the carbs up as per manuel it has gotten worse as i adjusted the tps to what it has meant to be and the carbs mixture screws 2 turns out it has began to misfire quite alot the other issue it sometimes has had is that once hot and trying to restart the motorbike will not rev over 2k revs with full throttle open its almost asif the throttle isnt responding at all i am almost all out of ideas i have changed this list below

- wiring loom
- carburettor
- vacum pipes
- engine
- fuel pump
- ecu
- spark plugs
- Coils
- throttle position sensor
- air filter
- all relays

·
Registered
1 Posts
try setting up the jets to 156 on the inside 152 on the out side usually worked for me even tho u the have a cracked cylinder will help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts