Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ryders,

i have a huge problem with my r6 becuse wont spark at any coil.
I buy it without engine and then bought one engine and rebuild it.

After rebuild, i made service new oil, oil filter, new battery, new plugs ngk cr10ek and now only crank and no spark.

So r6 turns on normally, all lights are working and horn, when i try for spark nothing just cranking. When i checked all switches i came to Starting cut off relay, continuty on test 2 was wrong. So i buy another one from ebay and it tested a same.

I found someone with another r6 to check that relay and it was fine. I olso check CDI and it was all good.

I tested for power and power to coils is 35v, power to pickup coil is 3v. Pickup coil have 280ohm so its good.

I olso tested ignition coil and it all good, stator have 00.9ohm at 200ohm?
And when i do continuty test all three white have continuty each other?

When i open circuit it clicks and then is buzzing sound in cdi, when i push starting button it cranks and buzzing sound is gone, when i relase push button it start to buzz again. Battery is yuasa, and have always 13v+. I testing this without air filter and tank connected. Gasoline pump is working and primeing.

So does stator and reciver can cause no spark???

Please help me I am desperate with this bike because it cause me only troubles so far :confused: :thumbdown

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you for all hard help and smart answers, next time when i have some real problem its better to ask on 600rr.net ;)

Anyway it was Ignition Advancer and now spark like a honda :dunce:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts