Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
need help finding parts 4 r6

Had an accident which left my bike damaged. Unfortunately, I only had the bike for ten minutes before having an at fault accident. Fortunately, the damaged sustained was all cosmetic. I've been searching to see if 2008-2010 parts of the r6 will fit on 2014. Any help please. Also, I damaged my fuel tank. Can it be salvaged with welding? If not where can I search instead of eBay? Will older models fuel tanks for on my bike?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. Slick tires or something?

If I remember right, nothing has changed since the 2008 model, so anything from there up should be compatible. I think the 06/07 tanks should also be a direct swap, but I am not sure on that.

Make sure that as you buy parts, you are buying them for an R6 and not an 06+ R6S.

·
12,482 Posts
No insurance? FIrst bike?

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
Your gas tank is screwed. Good luck finding a red one. I think I saw one for sale on EBay a few weeks ago. It's more then likely sold by now.

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
Getting the parts might be easier going through your insurance. You DO have insurance right?

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
No I didn't have insurance. . I do now. Was thinking of taking of reporting all the fairings and AMD other parts I took off as stolen since all the damage was cosmetic. They wouldn't know there was an accident because only the red of the bike and headlights, which I took off, were damaged; nothing was dome to the engine. However, I can buy the pieces and do it myself but think the insurance will likely be quicker and more efficient. Thoughts? If I elect to do this, how long u guys recommend I wait?
I don't think talking about committing insurance fraud on a public forum is too wise. :dunce:

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
No I didn't have insurance. . I do now. Was thinking of taking of reporting all the fairings and AMD other parts I took off as stolen since all the damage was cosmetic. They wouldn't know there was an accident because only the red of the bike and headlights, which I took off, were damaged; nothing was dome to the engine. However, I can buy the pieces and do it myself but think the insurance will likely be quicker and more efficient. Thoughts? If I elect to do this, how long u guys recommend I wait?
Don't commit insurance fraud. :nono And please don't post here asking advice on the best way to commit insurance fraud.

I would also not call a ruptured fuel tank "only cosmetic". :laugh Look on E-bay, here, craigslist, local moto forums for parts. That is a bummer on the new bike.

Could you share what happened, and what your moto experience is? (I'm not gonna rip into you - you already have to deal with a smashed up new bike, but fair warning, I'm sure other people are probably going to give you shit.)

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Maybe you should just sell the bike after you fix it by not committing insurance fraud. admitting a at fault accident and considering felony insurance fraud in the same paragraph isn't smart. Also saying somebody just stole the tank and fairings is dumb. Hey they took my fairings off and left my bike. No just no

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, well good think I don't use a real name or email for this forum. Im not that dumb. Not only that, my isp address is the public library. anyway, i'm looking for opinions on my ideas. not to be ridiculed. I know the cost of the fraud.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
yeah, well good think I don't use a real name or email for this forum. Im not that dumb. Not only that, my isp address is the public library. anyway, i'm looking for opinions on my ideas. not to be ridiculed. I know the cost of the fraud.
Well, good thing I saved your picture with your VIN on it.

- New bike
- No insurance
- Crashed it in first ten minutes of ownership
- Totally FUBAR'd the tank and think you can actually weld it back together ( :bowroll:bowroll:bowroll:bowroll:bowroll:bowroll )
- Wanting to commit insurance fraud

Let me guess, you thought you were perfectly capable of handling a 600 as your first bike, huh?

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
My opinion is that your ideas are really stupid. Take responsibility for your fcuk up and pay to fix it yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the NSA will find you, your home address everything. expect a visit from nicely dressed man in black with rifles at your door soon

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
sup brah

Attachments

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Well, good thing I saved your picture with your VIN on it.

- New bike
- No insurance
- Crashed it in first ten minutes of ownership
- Totally FUBAR'd the tank and think you can actually weld it back together ( :bowroll:bowroll:bowroll:bowroll:bowroll:bowroll )
- Wanting to commit insurance fraud

Let me guess, you thought you were perfectly capable of handling a 600 as your first bike, huh?
Did you come up with JYARJ16Y1EA008175?

I love your duck tape fix, fvucking classy as shit man

http://youtu.be/Iv9OKj66_kI
I REALLY hope there isn't any gas in the gas tank with that duck tape on there. If so, he is going to have all kinds of fun cleaning the gunk from his throttle bodies and fuel injectors as the gas eats away the adhesive on the duck tape. :lmao

Attachments

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Did you come up with JYARJ16Y1EA008175?

I REALLY hope there isn't any gas in the gas tank with that duck tape on there. If so, he is going to have all kinds of fun cleaning the gunk from his throttle bodies and fuel injectors as the gas eats away the adhesive on the duck tape. :lmao
I saved his pics, but they're on my work computer. I'll post them up tomorrow. Gotta make sure everyone can put in their 2 cents on crash damage.

Brand new bike with 7 miles on it...no insurance. Keep it classy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts