Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
for lack of better words, good god ... Where's blue bell??

·
Jet noise in the morning
578 Posts
hows the 848

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hows the 848
Compared to the R6, i would have to sum it up as MUCH more torque. From very low rev's to redline it just pulls non stop.
No idea how the 848 would match with the R6 yet as i haven't had a chance to try them head to head, but the 848 did stay nose to nose with a RC51 so i don't think it would have a problem.
The handling is amazing, but so is the R6. They are both very stable in turns and feel close to the same on turn in and left/right flicks (maybe cause of same weight?).
The front brakes on the R6 are crap...not to knock it but it's how it feels. THe Duc will stop on a freakin dime, even better than the MV...

Overall a much better machine, but in the end also much more expensive which is the only downside i can find compared to the R6.

Forgot to add: the rear break on the R6 has way too much bite. It's very easy to lock it up for people that use both. The Duc has a nice balance in the back where lockup is still possible just not as easily.
I say this because on a track this could prove difficult to manage due to the sensitivity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts