Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My r6 mirror with integrated taillight broke..I came back to it in about a month and it didn't turn on so I figured the battery was just dead. I jumped it, rode it around a little and turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on. My alternator adapter burnt out before and I got it replaced and my bike doesn't turn off while riding so it's not that. I'm planning on buying new mirrors so the integrated light wires are just hanging there. Could this e the problem that they're nOt attached to anything? Or could it be a burnt out battery? Thanks!!!

·
Lovin the R6!
682 Posts
first things first, take your battery out and charge it.

Then take it down to your local parts store and have them test it (even walmart has the testers) and see if it's bad

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
If a light bulb is not connected to a power source, does it still draw power?

Get your battery checked, also make sure where ever you tapped into to get the integrated signal lights to work is not exposed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My r6 mirror with integrated taillight broke..I came back to it in about a month and it didn't turn on so I figured the battery was just dead. I jumped it, rode it around a little and turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on. My alternator adapter burnt out before and I got it replaced and my bike doesn't turn off while riding so it's not that. I'm planning on buying new mirrors so the integrated light wires are just hanging there. Could this e the problem that they're nOt attached to anything? Or could it be a burnt out battery? Thanks!!!
Maybe your charging system shorted out. could be stator and/or rectifier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts