Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(2005 YZFR6)
G'day all!
Any one know the banjo bolt thread pitch for the R6? As want'a order a couple of back up's, & don't want'a pop one out, & then air bleed just to get the pitch, when this info is in some R6 punters head out there, who is nice enough to pass it along?

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha R6
8 Posts
Have you tried somewhere like Partzilla or even Revzilla's OEM parts section? Any bolts I need that I want to be certain are the right size I always get from places that would have OEM/corresponding part numbers. They're usually super cheap too.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Banjo bolt? Had to look that up. Those look like washers for the braking system. This for the braking system? Aftermarket part/design? My front master cylinder has two holes IIRC. Why or how could this part be lost?

Product Automotive tire Font Automotive lighting Auto part

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,588 Posts
M10 1.25. Damn thems fast. Yes, front master is a "dual" and uses 3 copper crush washers. The wheel caliper/ rear master is a "single" with 2 crush washers per as in 11 total crush washers if complete brake system disassembly. I bought a bag of 50 as Japan cars are also M10. Not worth sanding and trying to reuse unless a side if the road repair.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation. Haven't had to take the rear master cylinder apart. The bolts don't seem like a "wear item" or anything that is in any way prone to getting lost. Doubt they'd seize either. Any idea what he meant by "don't want'a pop one out"? Possible dialect/translation difference of expression?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,588 Posts
If you remove the bolt, the brake hose like a fuel line, will leak fluid from the hose and then needs to be properly bled. I had the banjos and bleed nipples rust on my vehicle that never moved in 30+ years in aluminum calipers.

Reactions: Intuit
1 - 8 of 8 Posts