Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. i have a R6 2006 changed the relay but charging 13.5v at 5000 rpm, thousand revolutions does not change. Chinese dynamo bought for $50 ! the relay is not new but works ! before that it was 17 volts at idle and an error 46 ! Pleas help me!

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I suspect there are some translation issues here.

Have the battery tested.

Turn on all of your accessories (minus the engine fans) and read voltage at idle.

Run your fans plus all accessories and read voltage at idle.

As long as voltage is above battery level at idle with your accessories, there is no problem to diagnose.

This may be the same for fan + accessories but I'll need someone with an electrically stock 3rd-Gen R6 to confirm. (my 2nd Gen no longer maintains charge with enyogine fan but I have add-ons)

Over-voltage is extremely bad. Will need to check your grounds if you see that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Have the battery tested.

Turn on all of your accessories (minus the engine fans) and read voltage at idle.

As long as voltage is above battery level at idle with your accessories, there is no problem to diagnose.

This may be the same for fan + accessories but I'll need someone with an electrically stock 3rd-Gen R6 to confirm. (my 2nd Gen no longer maintains charge with enyogine fan but I have add-ons)

thanks, I understand you. at idle I have 13.5 and when you give gas the voltage does not rise to 14

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Have the battery tested.

at a rpm of 5rpm thousand or 4 thousand volts it should show 14v, but it doesn’t show for me:( my english bad sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts