Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought my UM (Hyosung) V2S-250R expecting to have fun learning on a 250, but it has been problem after problem, mostly due to the dealer and not the bike. Long story short, I'm selling it and buying a lightly used r6 ASAP before I have riding withdrawls. Wish me luck!:YEA

·
did100MphiDeserveAthread!
436 Posts
Plastic up. Rubber down.

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
Good Luck, R6 was my first street bike....respect the bike.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just remember to respect the bike, it is a completely different machine than a V2S-250R. I started on an R6 myself so anyone who is patient to learn and doesnt think they are invincible will be fine. Wear your gear and have fun

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
let's do it :jump :YEA no time to waste :lmao

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
let's do it :jump :YEA no time to waste :lmao
DEFINITELY. Riding with you made me want an r6 so much worse it isn't funny. I had never actually been next to one out riding before because they aren't as common as gixxers, etc. Seeing it in action was just like holy crap. I definitely have bike envy lol. I'm getting this rear tire replaced (under warranty) Saturday and hopefully selling the 250 asap, I put an ad on Clist last night. The shop was gonna SELL me a rear tire even though the original was defective, all I had to say was "my dad is an attorney, he may want to have a talk with you" and their attitude changed quite a bit :sing

I found a few nice r6's on Clist..
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/2027017713.html
http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy/2023438196.html
http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/mcy/2025323466.html
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/2023043397.html

too bad i need to sell the 250 first...:thumbdown
aghhh I can't wait!:nocontrol:idhitit:jump:party:jacked:jerkit:****

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Congrats. My R6 is my 1st bike. 5 months and 11,xxx miles later I love it more :)

I highly suggest to slip the shifter to GP style(1 up 5 down) since you are still fresh. Trust me it will benef you in the long run. Its only a 2minute mod.

Wear your Gears and don't Test your limits on the streets. Take it to the track.
Ride safe man :)

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats. My R6 is my 1st bike. 5 months and 11,xxx miles later I love it more :)

I highly suggest to slip the shifter to GP style(1 up 5 down) since you are still fresh. Trust me it will benef you in the long run. Its only a 2minute mod.

Wear your Gears and don't Test your limits on the streets. Take it to the track.
I considered the GP shift mod, but it kinda scares me thinking I may feel like redlining it out of first and accidentally downshift...I'm already fairly set in my ways when it comes to riding. But we'll have to wait and see lol

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I considered the GP shift mod, but it kinda scares me thinking I may feel like redlining it out of first and accidentally downshift...I'm already fairly set in my ways when it comes to riding. But we'll have to wait and see lol

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
If you're not going to be doing anything that requires your foot on top of the shift lever like it does in racing..i wouldn't do it...no real point.

however you can use it as a cool story "yeah, another mod i have is the GP style shifter. yeah for when i go do track days"

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you're not going to be doing anything that requires your foot on top of the shift lever like it does in racing..i wouldn't do it...no real point.

however you can use it as a cool story "yeah, another mod i have is the GP style shifter. yeah for when i go do track days"
Haha yeah, apparently there aren't really any tracks around me so it isn't necessary, but I have scraped a toe (of my shoe) taking a sharp turn while preparing to shift. Scared the chit outta me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts