Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need help I have a 2008 R6-s engine in my quad. It launches fine but then dies momentarily then runs fine to red line, and it does it in each gear. It also got to 214 degrees from me lugging it in the dunes and died, it would crank fine but not start, I sat for about 45 minutes and it started and ran fine (except for the engine dying momenatrily in each gear) Please help ? THANKS CHARLIE (P.S. The engine DIES in each gear it's not lack of low end power)

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Hi, I need help I have a 2008 R6-s engine in my quad. It launches fine but then dies momentarily then runs fine to red line, and it does it in each gear. It also got to 214 degrees from me lugging it in the dunes and died, it would crank fine but not start, I sat for about 45 minutes and it started and ran fine (except for the engine dying momenatrily in each gear) Please help ? THANKS CHARLIE (P.S. The engine DIES in each gear it's not lack of low end power)
Pics of this quad ASAP!!

I bet you have a short ass exhaust and a high flow filter and no power commander. That's gonna be the issue more than likely. And 214 degrees isn't very hot to be stalling. I bet the bike just can't richen itself enough, and at 214 it's not choking the motor at all.. These machines are tuned well, and without the right a/f ratio, it's gonna run like shit and piss

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Pics of this quad ASAP!!

I bet you have a short ass exhaust and a high flow filter and no power commander. That's gonna be the issue more than likely. And 214 degrees isn't very hot to be stalling. I bet the bike just can't richen itself enough, and at 214 it's not choking the motor at all.. These machines are tuned well, and without the right a/f ratio, it's gonna run like shit and piss
In his other thread on this very same topic I told him this exact same thing. I also told him that he was going to probably have to dyno tune it or get a PC or Bazzaz with auto tuning capability to be able to alleviate this issue, especially if the airbox has been removed.

The dying in gear could be any number of things from a short to an incorrectly adjusted sensor to a sensor that needs to be removed/looped out. I would start with the tip sensor and kickstand sensor while looking for any shorts. Also, make sure your ECU isnt getting too hot or wet.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
In his other thread on this very same topic I told him this exact same thing. I also told him that he was going to probably have to dyno tune it or get a PC or Bazzaz with auto tuning capability to be able to alleviate this issue, especially if the airbox has been removed.

The dying in gear could be any number of things from a short to an incorrectly adjusted sensor to a sensor that needs to be removed/looped out. I would start with the tip sensor and kickstand sensor while looking for any shorts. Also, make sure your ECU isnt getting too hot or wet.
:werd I havent seen the other thread yet. I'm sure if I scroll thru my google reader it woulda came up eventually! I still wanna see pics!!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
:werd I havent seen the other thread yet. I'm sure if I scroll thru my google reader it woulda came up eventually! I still wanna see pics!!
there were no pics....almost a verbatim thread as this one....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts