Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put the 08 goldish rims up on ebay, and I got contacted from some guy in spain wanting to buy them. I told him the auction was marked for US only. Well I went away for a couple days, and come back to find that he did the buy it now, and bought both rims for right at $700. So he sends me another message saying figure out shipping and let him know. So I called UPS and the cheapest way to ship them will cost aroung $1400.00. So I sent the guy back telling him is grand total for the rims was just over $2000.00 and I would expect the money before I ship them. :D I am sure that he is just going to back out once he see the shipping cost, and then I am going to have to go after him for the $20 that it cost me to list the damn rims. I hate e-bay it seems like everytime I try to sell something on there I end up paying because people always seem to back out after they buy. I have heard all the excuses....My wife left me...I got laid off... I thought that it was for a different model.. Read first then bid...Duh :dunce: not that hard..But I should not get stuck with the listing fees for crap they don't pay me for. I actually just bought some rim tape about 3 months ago, and have never seen it. I opened a dispute with ebay, but nothing ever came off it, and the guy is pulled all of his items, and there are about 20 new negative feedbacks, that say never received item. Got to love that...

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
$1400 sounds awfully steep for shipping to Spain. Surely there is another company that could do it much cheaper than that...

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sure it has to be cheaper than that as well, but I spoke with a ups rep over the phone, and gave him weight and size and that was the cheapest price that had. I may check with fedex.

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
I think you can cancel the bid and have it relisted without a charge.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
if he backs out and you report him to ebay, they usually can refund your seller fees

·
12,482 Posts
send the rims through USPS... it's cheaper.

make sure you insure them...

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
I am sure it has to be cheaper than that as well, but I spoke with a ups rep over the phone, and gave him weight and size and that was the cheapest price that had. I may check with fedex.
USPS can ship it for wayyyy less, but there may be no tracking or insurance outside the US.All you have to do is tell the buyer this.If he wants ins & tracking then its UPS/fedex.If he wants it shipped for less then no tracking /ins.I've sold shit on ebay to sellers in spain, france, japan, germany, poland, china, mexico,UK, Australia, plus other places.Never any problems.Most foreign buyers already know about customs,ins, tracking, issues.Main thing is make you/shipper packs them well or shit will hit the fan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts