Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 05 r6 engine that is on a yamaha blaster atv frame, that is extended. i am in the wiring process. i have the ecu, main harness, coil harness, throttle harness, throttle, air intake temp sensor, voltage regulator, starter solenoid, and most other things i think i will need. my main questions are, do i NEED a gauge cluster(does it affect the bike from starting) and also how to bypass the ignition so i do not need a key and can have a push button start, still have a kill switch, and not need a clutch switch, kickstand switch ect. i found the thread about the keyless igniton, but alot of that takes place further up in the harness. i only have the main harness. so i have the small red connector, and the other white connector. can i do all this from this connector? or will i need more? i will post pics up a little later.
Thanks!
Charlie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics. the 2 connectors in the second pic, the green is fuel pump, white is the fuel level sending unit? and in the 4th pic what are all these, the white with all white wires is the stator( these can be hooked up in any orientation? but what are the rest?

Attachments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum.

Second, you have a lot of shit going on and youre asking a lot of questions in a big sort of run on fashion... That doesnt help your cause.

I will give some of this a shot, but I dont have an 05.

I am 99% sure you dont need the gauge cluster installed to start the engine. It is possible to remove the ignition while still retaining the starter button capability, but you will need the wiring diagram or someone with an 05 that has done this to help you on which wires. You can wire a kill switch in with no issues, preferrably a tether style switch. You can start the engine in nuetral with no clutch switch.. You can wire the kickstand switch out, but you need to know which wires (I dont, sorry). Honestly, it sounds like you need more of the harness than you have, and when doing a project like this, you should have gotten the whole harness, not just the main, as it would make your life (and our in helping you) easier.

i suggest you download the service manual and start figuring out the wiring diagrams....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright well i am a couple steps further but could still use some help. I now got it to crank and have an ignition, i can hear the ecu making noise, it primes the fuel pump, but then while cranking, it doesnt spark and the fuel pump doesnt run. just primes on initial ignition on. possible crank sensor? it has voltage going to it. the only sensor not hooked up is the TPS but from my understanding it should still start in limp mode.

·
Got street appeal?
1,656 Posts
Do not need gauges to start. Kick stand switch just solder the two wires together. I don't remember off the top of my head which wires to solder together to go ignitionless.

Yes it should go into limp mode without the TPS hooked up. i would plug the gauges in to see what codes it's throwing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i ordered some gauges yesyerday so they should be here this week. i have the kickstand switch and clutch switch jumpered together. i have the factory neutral switch hooked up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay. i got it hooked up. when i turn the key on it says 15 in the odometer for TPS, which makes sense because its not plugged in. when i do diag mode in group 60 it gives 13, IAT, 23 Baro, 41 lean angle, and 43 for fuel pump. it primes the fuel pump on key on, but doesnt run while cranking, and the tach does not jump while cranking. any ideas? and i have keyless ignition. Can how can i use group 62 to clear codes?

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
You need to check or install the lean angle sensor to clear the code. The ECU will not send the signal to the coils to start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well it was laying there sideways. i mounted it now, but will it still not start until the code is cleared?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took it apart and epoxied it, but now how do i clear the code with keyless ignition, i dont have a run/ kill switch. i tried going to 62 and turing the switch off and back on, but it doesnt clear them. any ideas? is the kill switch the 2 small blue wires that you jump together? if so can i just unplug those?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i now cleared the codes, in 60 it now displays "00" and went through all the diagnostics in the service manual, all the injectors and coils worked in diag mode and all the sensors read correctly. It still will not apply spark or fuel pump during cranking. one main thing i noticed is the check engine light does not come on while cranking and the gauges do not display while cranking. the neutral light stays on while cranking. Any ideas?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts