Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

401 - 420 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: R6 FAQ - (Updated 1-24-13)

hi friend ...iam new to this forum....iam from india ...i have a yamaha r 6 2012 which has yec ecu and harness in it.....but i don have a tuner t set it up....wht shall i do for proper mapping ?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Autotune system?

·
Registered
98 Posts
For those with PCV and Autotune, I was wondering if I should be using the zeromap or the MJS map for my base?

Mods: 06 R6, MJS Headers, GYTR slip on, smog block offs, BMC, flashed ECU, PCV, Autotune, -1/+2

And I swear I'm not trying to copy you OhioYJ lol

·
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
3,309 Posts
For those with PCV and Autotune, I was wondering if I should be using the zeromap or the MJS map for my base?

Mods: 06 R6, MJS Headers, GYTR slip on, smog block offs, BMC, flashed ECU, PCV, Autotune, -1/+2

And I swear I'm not trying to copy you OhioYJ lol
Autotune sucks at trying to tune the entire RPM range so I would suggest using the MJS map as a base and set the target AFR to 0 in areas where you're not trying to squeeze out maximum performance.

-Jamie M.

·
Ri6e fast.
43 Posts
I have a Autotune flashed ECU and am looking at some exhaust mods, cat eliminator ypipe, so I will be needing a new fuel map, can I still get a power commander in its place since I do not have an autotune program? Or cannot get ahold of people who have it (not to mention any names....Jamie!!! :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
I have a Autotune flashed ECU and am looking at some exhaust mods, cat eliminator ypipe, so I will be needing a new fuel map, can I still get a power commander in its place since I do not have an autotune program? Or cannot get ahold of people who have it (not to mention any names....Jamie!!! :)
Your post is not quite clear. Yes you can use a power commander with a flashed ECU if that is what you are asking.

·
I love my r6
2 Posts
Very informative. My issue now is I removedy cat and I put on the megaphone exhaust, which earned me a $200 ticket courtesy of CHP. I am trying to find a slip on that will give my r6 a nice growl but not attract anymore unwanted attention. I like the xtreme blaster xbo8 but I have never heard or seen one in person.I am trying to aim for the blacked out look on my bike. On a side note I am new to this website and not completely sure how it works, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong way or in the wrong area.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
My issue now is I removedy cat and I put on the megaphone exhaust, which earned me a $200 ticket courtesy of CHP. I am trying to find a slip on that will give my r6 a nice growl but not attract anymore unwanted attention.
If you have removed the large box underneath, you need a full size slip-on to cut the noise down. Something like a leo, akra, etc. It will cost you more, but it will bring the noise level down to a more reasonable level. Whether it's enough or not to keep you out of trouble, depends on what kind of db level you are allowed in your area.

·
I love my r6
2 Posts
Thanks for.your reply. I thought about it and the ticket was for inadequate exhaust so I think as long as I have some sort of can on the tip instead of just a straight pipe, that does nothing except direct the exhaust, I should be left alone. I have never seen or heard of a cop pulling a db meter out here. Also I think the cop was having a bad day because 1) I have driven past stock Harleys that are way above my bike as far as db is concerned 2) I was dumb and bought an exhaust tip that drew attention and made it obvious I had muffler or muffling device on my bike. Live and learn, that's why I am here to learn from the more seasoned riders like yourself and others on this site ( trying to avoid expensive rookie mistakes in the future).

·
Registered
46 Posts
so i just sent this to flash tune and i thought i would ask you guys too

Do you guys want to help me out with a map or a few maps for a 08 r6 race bike?
I have the hardware ready to go and it’s going on the dyno next week, but I am not confident in myself to build any effective maps by then!

I want to open up the throttle bodies, sort out the ignition and set up the quick shift..... well at least get a good starting point.

what I mean by sort out the ignition is to have a few options to try.....

It has a bazzaz "fuel only" strapped to it too

A steer in the right direction would be helpful

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
46 Posts
Another question

Does bazzaz override all the flash tune fuel maps ?

EG
  1. TPS vs RPM
  2. MAP vs RPM
  3. Acceleration enrichment
  4. Injection Timing, primary and secondary
  5. Injection Proportioning %

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Another question

Does bazzaz override all the flash tune fuel maps ?

EG

1. TPS vs RPM
  2. MAP vs RPM
  3. Acceleration enrichment
  4. Injection Timing, primary and secondary
  5. Injection Proportioning %
The Bazzaz and PCV are both "dumb" modules, they do the same thing no matter what. So it's supposed to add 20% fuel at 8000 RPM 50% throttle, it does that all the time no matter what. It has no idea which map your ECM is currently using, all it's doing is increasing the current amount of fuel by 20%.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This may be the wrong place to write this but just recently got my R6 looking to make it better... I was looking into the headers and mid pipes. I was wondering what do you guys recommend? A midpipe or a header? The MJS midpipe seems good... Any recommendations as to where to buy it from?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I finally did something about fine tuning my track bike on the Dyno
2006 R6 PC3 full Yoshi system.
It was running really rich and bogging down through slower corners in 3rd .
The end result is stunning and added bonus of dropping 2 seconds from my best time.
Ended up @ close on 118HP at the top end as a bonus not bad for a ten year old bike .
But the big gain was at 20% throttle with a healthy increase in power and overall the bike seems so much smoother and easier to ride faster.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does replacing stock air filter to BMC non-race air filter require fuel controller or remapping? My bike is completely stock except for my bmc air filter. My 06 r6 bogs and dies when i give light gas, BUT idles fine. Its fine at higher rpms too but when i let go of throttle it will bog and die. I believe this only happens during cold starts.

Does it have anything to do with oxygen sensor too? or throttle position sensor? My bike cannot accelerate hard due to the aforementioned symptons.

·
Registered
49 Posts
------------------------------------------------------------------
Choosing a Map
There is generally not one map that just works for everyone. When using a map that you download you really have to try different ones and see what gives you the best results. Just because you have a Leo exhaust doesn't necessarily mean the Leo map will work best for you, you might find the Graves works better.

I'm not responsible for anything that could happen to you, your bike, etc from using these. Use at your own risk.

All the maps except the MJS ones are directly from the DynoJet website, you can download them all there if you want. To try and make it easier, I've selected the most commonly used maps. (More will be added, again this is a work in progress)

PCV Maps:
Akrapovic Map
Graves Map
Leo Vince Map
M4 Map
MJS Map

PCV Maps with AutoTune Tables:
MJS Map - AutoTune AFR Table filled in
MJS Map - AutoTune AFR Table, Maps for each gear, 500 RPM Resolution *
MJS Map - AutoTune AFR Table, Maps for each gear, 250 RPM Resolution *

* Speed Sensor Wire must be hooked up to the PCV and Gear Calibration done.

PCIII Maps:
Akrapovic Map
Graves Map
Leo Vince Map
M4 Map
MJS Map

Bazzaz Maps:
Akrapovic Map
Graves Map
MJS Map
These Bazzaz Maps, I converted over from the PCV maps.

FlashTune Maps
06-07 R6
Graves 06-07
MJS 06-07
My Latest Custom Map 06-07

08-11 R6
Graves 08-11
Leo Vince 08-11
MJS 08-11
My Latest Custom Map 08-11
My Latest Custom Map 08-11, with 06-07 Throttle Settings*
*06-07 Throttle map is more linear, and you may find it less jumpy than the 08+ throttle settings.

Yes I know there is a PC maps sticky at the top, however making my own thread makes it much easier for me to find and link to when needed.

Navigation
| Choosing a Map | PCV Maps | PCV Maps with AutoTune Tables | PCIII Maps | Bazzaz Maps | FlashTune Maps | FAQ Index |

I used the Mjs map with 250rpm solution for my
2014 R6,PCV/Autotune
And it works amazingly. I just put the map on my bike and took it for a ride, it rode way better then the setup I already had on my bike. Thanks man this thread is so useful I keep referring to it all the time for everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
can i load those maps to a newer software version (2.3.5)
FlashTune Maps

FlashTune Verison 1.2.2.0 Only!
06-07 R6
Graves 06-07
MJS 06-07
1.2.2.0 Map with updated 1.5.4.0 similar tables 06-07 - (Load any PCV map into this)
My Custom Map 06-07 (old)
My Latest Custom Map 06-07 (new) (Less aggressive throttle)

08-11 R6
Graves 08-11
Leo Vince 08-11
MJS 08-11
1.2.2.0 Map with updated 1.5.4.0 similar tables 08-11 (Load any PCV map into this)
My Custom Map 08-11
My Custom Map 08-11, with 06-07 Throttle Settings*
*06-07 Throttle map is more linear, and you may find it less jumpy than the 08+ throttle settings.

FlashTune Verison 1.5.4.0 Only!
Graves 06-07
MJS 06-07

Graves 08-11
MJS 08-11

Navigation
| Choosing a Map | PCV Maps | PCV Maps with AutoTune Tables | PCIII Maps | Bazzaz Maps | FlashTune Maps | FAQ Index |

401 - 420 of 459 Posts