Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

421 - 440 of 459 Posts

·
Club Racer
10 Posts
I just installed a used PCV on my 2008 R6, and when trying to calibrate my TPS (in DIAG mode), the bike "freezes" before the first throttle turn is complete and stops actuating the butterfly valves (you can hear the servos stop moving). The TPS (throttle side) seems to stop sending voltage to the ECU (tested using a multimeter).

With the PCV disconnected from the TPS wire (blue wire #5 on the smaller ECU plug), the bike works as expected. Have you seen this before? I'm thinking maybe the PCV is adding too much resistance to the TPS wire. I haven't tried starting the bike yet.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
I just installed a used PCV on my 2008 R6, and when trying to calibrate my TPS (in DIAG mode), the bike "freezes" before the first throttle turn is complete and stops actuating the butterfly valves (you can hear the servos stop moving). The TPS (throttle side) seems to stop sending voltage to the ECU (tested using a multimeter).

With the PCV disconnected from the TPS wire (blue wire #5 on the smaller ECU plug), the bike works as expected. Have you seen this before? I'm thinking maybe the PCV is adding too much resistance to the TPS wire. I haven't tried starting the bike yet.
How did you connect to the wire (Those vampire taps can be bad connections)? Without the wire connected can you run through dIAG mode tests 1, 13, 14 , 15 without the system shutting down? (switch to each of those numbers, and slowly twist the throttle to wide open)

The wire for the PCV will change the reading some that the ECU sees, but it should not be enough to care. It should just be a minor change to the readings you see in dIAG mode.

·
Club Racer
10 Posts
How did you connect to the wire (Those vampire taps can be bad connections)? Without the wire connected can you run through dIAG mode tests 1, 13, 14 , 15 without the system shutting down? (switch to each of those numbers, and slowly twist the throttle to wide open)

The wire for the PCV will change the reading some that the ECU sees, but it should not be enough to care. It should just be a minor change to the readings you see in dIAG mode.
I used the provided "posi-tap". I have other in-line tap devices, I'll try one of those to see if it makes a difference.

For what it's worth, with the engine running, it works as expected. This only occurs in DIAG mode 1 and 13.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to try and install my pcv and autotune soon, but I'm woondering about installing the wire to connect to the tps so I can have maps for each gear. What's the best way to connect the wire to the tps, and also what gauge wire do I need. Does the autotune come with them?(my AT is still being delivered)

·
Just lean harder...
875 Posts
I'm going to try and install my pcv and autotune soon, but I'm woondering about installing the wire to connect to the tps so I can have maps for each gear. What's the best way to connect the wire to the tps, and also what gauge wire do I need. Does the autotune come with them?(my AT is still being delivered)
You actually tap into the speed sensor wire to the PCV with your own supplied wire 16-20ga to be able to map per gear.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will a posi tap work I assume?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone here running a Bazzaz ZFI TC + QS with a custom map similar to the YEC Reflash? Thoughts? Worth scrapping the Bazzaz?

·
Registered
271 Posts
If you do it right (uploaded the best map) your bike pulls harder. If you do it wrong (downloaded race maps any maps aside from the best), your bike pulls worse but I'm unsure if this is to make it less powerful for racing to prevent high-siding and to keep the engine temps low by dumping more fuel for endurance and longevity.

I've read the notes for the fuel maps and they said race, full race, aftermarket filter, etc. etc. but nothing can separate you from the thrust dyno. Some of the maps, the power is like completely gone. : ( One map, you wheelie like **** under power but it says Euro Stock map, right..

421 - 440 of 459 Posts