Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

441 - 456 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Would i be safe to install a full Leo Vince Factory S without a map on my 2016 r6? I'm going to flash my ecu in the winter, but would like to install the exhaust now for the summer. I purchased the servo eliminator plug. Should i install the factory o2 sensor, or leave it disconnected and use the plug that comes with the exhaust?

·
Registered
49 Posts
No not safe, will make a very lean condition for your bike and thats bad. If you have a servo eliminator install it you will beed it for your new exhaist system. I suggest running a base map if you can untill you can get a custom dynotune

·
Registered
32 Posts
No not safe, will make a very lean condition for your bike and thats bad. If you have a servo eliminator install it you will beed it for your new exhaist system. I suggest running a base map if you can untill you can get a custom dynotune
Leo Vince is telling me that i will be fine with the stock ecu. They did say that i will get more out of my exhaust with a custom tune, but said i won't hurt anything with stock ecu. I'm debating whether i should get a pc3 or bazzaz. The servo eliminator won't be here till next week, should i just disconnect the servo and tie it up until i get the eliminator plug, or should i remove it completely and just deal with the light on the dash until the plug comes in?

edit: I was told this.... Remapping isn’t necessary because our exhausts are developed to ensure optimum operation even with the bike in standard configuration. Remapping the bikes fuel injection system and/or the installation of an additional unit control may further improve the performance, however.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im really surprised they told you this. You can burn up your exhaust valve from running to lean. The ecu can only compensate for a little chane not a huge change like a full exhaust system. Otherwise a dynotune would be useless if your ecu could tune itself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went ahead and installed the full exhaust. It runs great without a remap. No backfires and doesn't run any hotter than stock. With that said, i still went ahead and ordered a power commander V, since i hear they also improve a stock bike. I was going to go with the bazzaz, but it seems more complicated to install. Still debating on if i should get the auto tune for the power commander V.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you do any hard driving, watch the ends of the headers(the part connected to your engine block) turn black overtime from running to hot. Unless you get it tuned. I have both autotune module and a custom dynotune. The custome was far more worth it. The AFRs are way off in low rpm range with the autotune module and is only accurate when the exhaust flow is very fast and high in the revs. I have mine set to run at 9k rpms+ in every gear. Im not trying to argue with ya im just telling ya my experience. Im still shocked they said you didnt need a tune.. i guess to “drive” a bike you dont. But you WILL definitely burn some parts up running it stock without any sort of map or tune. Ive done it trust me lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have both autotune module and a custom dynotune. The custome was far more worth it
Custom dynotune, are you talking about putting the bike on a dyno? I live in a small city, i highly doubt there's any shops around here that do that. Hopefully the leo vince map on the power commander site will be enough. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but hopefully won't damage anything.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm about to install the pcV. I notice the leo vince map in this thread is different than the map on the power commander website. Is that because the map on the power commander website has been updated? Or is the map in this thread adjusted for better performance? Can't wait to see how the bike runs with the pcV.

Edit: Another question...Should I put the map on the pcV before installing it? Or install it, then add map?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would stick with DynoJets Map. That is your safest bet. The one on here is probably a custom dyno tune someone uploaded. You could always try both.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would stick with DynoJets Map. That is your safest bet. The one on here is probably a custom dyno tune someone uploaded. You could always try both.
Seems to be running fine with the map from dynojets website. I don't find much of a difference than the stock map, but maybe that's cause i'm not riding my bike hard. I'm still in the break in period. I'm at 1100 km, 500 km more :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Dynojets map are “base maps” they are what a Tuner would start off with and improve apon to get the best performance possible. Should work fine though 😛 welcome to the r6 family haha. Im going to be leaving it in a year or so. Upgrading to an R1

·
Registered
270 Posts
You need to try a lot of maps to see which one is best feeling for you. Some maps my bike doesn't wheelie and feels slower. The Euro stock map for my 2005 R6 on PC3 makes it wheelie most of the time in 1st and hard. Also the pull is awesome and the sound seems natural and not ultra deep with straight pipe and a stubby. Other straight pipe exhaust sound deep but mine doesn't.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You need to try a lot of maps to see which one is best feeling for you. Some maps my bike doesn't wheelie and feels slower. The Euro stock map for my 2005 R6 on PC3 makes it wheelie most of the time in 1st and hard. Also the pull is awesome and the sound seems natural and not ultra deep with straight pipe and a stubby. Other straight pipe exhaust sound deep but mine doesn't.
I'll try some different maps once my bike is broken in.

441 - 456 of 456 Posts