1 - 20 of 60082 Posts

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Back to the lecture at hand - Shimano 105 stuff will likely be out of your price range though. Meh. Get what you want. Better to get something to go pedal on that sitting on your ass looking at pictures of bikes trying to figure out what to get.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back to the lecture at hand - Shimano 105 stuff will likely be out of your price range though. Meh. Get what you want. Better to get something to go pedal on that sitting on your ass looking at pictures of bikes trying to figure out what to get.
It's true... but again, suckers pay retail. Shit, I got a CAAD9 fully decked out with Dura-Ace components for $1000... Then I sold it two years later for $1000. Win.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
If there's any options get you up to Shimano 105 drive train, but possibly ditch disk brakes or shifter, I would seriously check them out. Not qutie sure what the appeal of disk brakes are. Regular bike brakes are essentially disk brakes, you're just using the rim as your rotor. Unless you're spending beaucoup bucks and getting a hydraulic setup, I would think it's going to feel pretty much the same.

I will look into it...I've actually heard the disc are worth it, better modulation and you don't risk popping a tire due to heating up the rims (inner tubes) on hard braking. I will say that it might be more worth it on a mountain bike...???

The FX 7.2 Disc is only 500 for MSRP...

And yes, Steve, we all know your feelings on paying retail...:lmao I'm trying not to.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats the same question I am asking myself.....i think he will pass a track body without headlights so I am trying to figure out what direction to go in because I have 3 bikes now that need to pass.
You'll definitely need lights, but not necessarily fairings.

1 - 20 of 60082 Posts