Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject pretty much sums it up. How about planning a get together for all forum members to meet up. Maybe Dj, or Penfold can figure out a location which is a fair distance to anyone. I would be willing to plan a long ride trip.
It would also be nice to meet fellow members in person and see their R6's!

~Mike~

·
Registered
504 Posts
I tried to get something like this going for next year at deals gap but interest seemed to start and stop with penfold.

·
Registered
504 Posts
nc and tn border. look it up on the net it is about the most perfect stretch of motorcycling road known to man.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
it's also like 13 hours from me and 10 from JL. I couldn't even begin to imagine the drive/ride for you!

What we should do is pick a weekend and go to vegas for a weekend. Kinda like a forum convention! Airfare is cheap enough. hotel rooms can be cheap, food is cheap and the strippers are fucking gorgeuous!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Actually my uncle is trying to get me to move to Knoxville and work with him. Then I would only be 70 miles away :pimp Don't know if I am going to do it or not though. Scared of a deliverence-esque setting.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
penfold said:
it's also like 13 hours from me and 10 from JL. I couldn't even begin to imagine the drive/ride for you!

What we should do is pick a weekend and go to vegas for a weekend. Kinda like a forum convention! Airfare is cheap enough. hotel rooms can be cheap, food is cheap and the strippers are fucking gorgeuous!
Vegas would be cool! We can go to the Vegas Speedway.
Yeah the trip for me would be a day or 2 days!! OUCH!! Imagine my ride would be like....but would be an adventure!

And Damn right about them hot gorgeous strippers! :cheers

And if Alexia can go, maybe she can model for our bikes too (for a price i assume) YEA! But it would be well worth it!

~Mike~

·
Registered
504 Posts
penfold said:
JL said:
Scared of a deliverence-esque setting.
That's some funny shit! What does your uncle do?
Structural engineer. Used to be in the Army core of engineers and now he is going out on his own. He used to live in DC and he already told me it so slow paced and quiet in tennesee that it is scary.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Vegas would be cool. A heck of a lot closer to CO than Deal's Gap. This year will be tough since I am doing Florida in Feb and Mexico in May.

Of course, the good months in Vegas are in the early spring or late fall. Anything closer to summer is pure hell.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
penfold said:
for me its just about 11 hours.......................of flying on an airplane from hawaii. LOL

penfold said:
now las vegas i wouldnt mind doing that. just a shame i cant have my baby with me..... and i am not talking about the wife.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think this get together might be impossible to most forum members.
But maybe a meet up with local members would be alright. ie: Western U.S., Eastern U.S., Australia, U.K. etc. , you guys get the point.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am actually reasonably close to vegas...like 3-4 hours or soo...So I would definatly be down for a weekend trip!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Whatever do don't move to Knoxville. I lived there for 5 yrs while in school. Its only fun during football season. The trip to Gatlinburg and surrounding area is pretty nice except for the slow asses on the mountain. I saw a Harley go off the side one day funniest thing I saw besides the live bears. I love the state but East Tennesseeians are a different bred. ALmost like the LA people here in Georgia. Thats Lower Alabama I mean. IF you put a fence around the states of Alabama and Mississippi you will have the worlds largest zoo. Sorry if your from those states but I'll never understand them. Its gotta be a condition that I don't won't!

Blade

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
fireblade31003 said:
Whatever do don't move to Knoxville. I lived there for 5 yrs while in school. Its only fun during football season. The trip to Gatlinburg and surrounding area is pretty nice except for the slow asses on the mountain. I saw a Harley go off the side one day funniest thing I saw besides the live bears. I love the state but East Tennesseeians are a different bred. ALmost like the LA people here in Georgia. Thats Lower Alabama I mean. IF you put a fence around the states of Alabama and Mississippi you will have the worlds largest zoo. Sorry if your from those states but I'll never understand them. Its gotta be a condition that I don't won't!

Blade

wow........you went deep!!!.........LOL!!!..........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts