Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was almost certain that I was already a member here (guess not). This is my first post and I am just wondering why you prefer this forum over another. I'm an R6MessageNet user.

Also, Im not sure if Im going to be allowed to post in the F/S section but I am selling an Akrapovic S/O in Ti that is 16 days old.
Heres a link also showing that I am a known member at R6MN.
http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18962

-Trevor

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Welcome to R6 forum.

Everyone gets along here very well and they make people feel welcome when they come in.
I don't visit other sites so I can't compare from experience.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i like this forum because i enjoy speaking to people who love my fetish for womens shoes, and being whipped.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
BRAVO said:
i like this forum because i enjoy speaking to people who love my fetish for womens shoes, and being whipped.
I like this forum because the UK guys are kinda funny sometimes...

I like it mainly do to the size. Not too big, but not small. Everyone here is really cool, no drama, no "throwing under the bus" no BS, no bickering, no typical internet forum stuff. We have fun, we pick on each other, we crack up, we laugh and cry like girls sometimes too...ok, well I do!

I also like the fact that there are so many folks here local to where I am. Lots of TX folks here, and I have become good friends with them. I have read and I do visit other SB sites, and a few R6 sites...this one is my fav for the fact that it is constant, and the people are family.

Welcome! :wave Have a seat, grab a :drink

:cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is the first R6 forum I joined and I like the members here. More friendly and lots of information. I also like the site layout and user interface.

I being to R6MessageNet and R6Riders but this is my favorite. I read the other forums but I do my posting here.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I havent been to any other r6 forums... and I dont think i need to.

The amount of info here is amazing and the people are more than happy to help you out if you have a question.

·
Registered
86 Posts
im with echoes, this is the first r6 forum i found and i dont see a reason to find another one

·
Registered
267 Posts
yoda said:
I like this forum because the UK guys are kinda funny sometimes...

I like it mainly do to the size. Not too big, but not small. Everyone here is really cool, no drama, no "throwing under the bus" no BS, no bickering, no typical internet forum stuff. We have fun, we pick on each other, we crack up, we laugh and cry like girls sometimes too...ok, well I do!

I also like the fact that there are so many folks here local to where I am. Lots of TX folks here, and I have become good friends with them. I have read and I do visit other SB sites, and a few R6 sites...this one is my fav for the fact that it is constant, and the people are family.

Welcome! :wave Have a seat, grab a :drink

:cheers
yeah, Yoda tends to well-up for no apparent reason. We have a fund for buying him kleenex that you can donate to if you want. (J/K, Yod-ster). this forum is for SB riders that don't need to compensate for the lack of ballz with stupid internet bickering :cuss
i used to belong to sportbikes.net and that's all people did. got real tiresome of getting :hump everytime you asked a simple question. so, this forum is the complete opposite. as the little green dude said "Welcome! :wave Have a seat, grab a :drink

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
hey, don't kid around about the Kleenex fund....the toilet paper is starting to hurt my nose :poke

I will say one other thing...since it was brought up.

I can't stand when as a newb you join a site and ask a question, of which you are really wanting a straight answer, and you had no idea that 300 other people had asked it, and the first 5 replies are people bashing you, driving the BUS over you, telling you to go search for this or that, when, we simply could again answer the question, say "Welcome" then PM the poor guy how to use the features. That is how this site works.

I will never forget when I first joined up, and within the first 2 months, I bet I saw the "only one headlight" question asked 50 times. Ya know, not a single time was there a bash, or a flame, or anything more than a reply with "it is normal". THAT is what I like about this site.

I think I am getting emotional again...BRB

·
Registered
476 Posts
no doubt yoda.

I must see the engine tick question at least once a week and the regulars just tells them its normal, or directs them to another thread where its already aswered.

I went to one forum before this one (some florida biker site) and searched for a topic about tattoos and couldnt find one, so when I posted asking about tattoos I got flamed hard core with people telling me this has already been brought up and to go try to use the search feature for once in my life.

I didnt go back to that site again.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I used to frequent the R6MN... but that place got old pretty fast.

With a few exceptions, that place was a squid-fest... and the flaming on there was just lame. It is one thing to play around and flame people you know, so that everyone can have a good laugh. But that place EVERYONE was flamed for every post.

I swear, you could post "The sky is blue" and those assclowns over there would start a flame war over it.

This place is great. The core group of posters seems to really know and care for each other... and it doesn't take long for new members to be included in the mix.

There are other forums I am on that I have been a member of for years, and don't consider myself a regular. I would definitely call myself a regular here... even though I don't post that often.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
RockyR6 said:
I swear, you could post "The sky is blue" and those assclowns over there would start a flame war over it.
No shit..........blue huh? I'll be damned.

haha...just making you feel included :poke Oh, and I agree with you 110% in the rest of your post. Blue...:screwy

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
wow, i guess i could say quite a few things but i would say the reason this place is the best is cause its more family and not so serious around here. you can completely bash on someone and they know like everyone else(for the most part) that we are just Bsin and enjoyin ourselves, we dont mean anything mean behind it. ofcourse the fact that i have some power around here dont hurt, being a moderator and all :mrgreen:

but come back more often and post with us and youll see what we mean by the things we say :cheers

and yes yoda is probably the biggest cryer on here :hammer

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I'm just sensative, you bitch!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have to second (or third) everything that has been said here already. i am really suprised sometimes at the responses people give on this forum. people really seem to have an interest in one another. i really see it when someone crashes, they get lots of support and no neg. feedback. i've only been on for a few months and feel right at home. i am very glad i found this forum.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts