Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have an '09 R6, it runs great other than a few issues that I don't often notice. My main concern at the moment is when I'm 1st-2nd gear, doing a hard acceleration about 10k rpms it's almost like it goes out of gear, nothing really "goes wrong" I just have to shift kind of early. I notice it less at higher gears, but I just wanted to see if anyone could put their 2 cents into the situation. I'll ride it again and look out for it to get a better idea of when exactly it happens. Maybe put less play in the throttle?? Thank you!

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
The rpm goes up without increase in ground speed as if you revved the engine? Then you most likely have clutch slip. Causes could be incorrect lever adjustment preventing full release of the clutch pack. Or worn/glazed friction and steel plates. What oil and how many miles on it? Have you the correct oil level? When was oil filter changed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rpm goes up without increase in ground speed as if you revved the engine? Then you most likely have clutch slip. Causes could be incorrect lever adjustment preventing full release of the clutch pack. Or worn/glazed friction and steel plates. What oil and how many miles on it? Have you the correct oil level? When was oil filter changed?
I adjusted my shorty levers for my clutch, I can ride at 12k rpms in 1st now, I loosened my clutch cable a little, I don’t really push it past that but I’ll try tonight, I gotta do an oil change I have 3 bottles of 15w-50 that I got from a friend, where I live it gets reallyyy hot todsy was 110, should I be using that oil or go thinner?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
I use rotella t6 5-40. Good at 19F to 110F.today was 102F.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I missed half the question, 22k miles, last oil change/filter change was ~2,000 miles ago.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
50 wt is probably ok. Never used it myself. But I changed my fana temp to come on so I only hit 220F sitting long periods at 2nd gear speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts