Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I turn over the key (but not starting it) there is the number 21 on the right LCD screen. I have a 2007 r6 non s. It has been winterized and everything runs rides properly. Please explain. Also, after several mins the "lo" temp gauge symbol does NOT go to a number as it used too. It just stays at lo. Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sir. I have had it on a stand for a few months. My exup valve was acting up upon startup so I was worried. But I'll go check.
In addition was just confused on the numbers on the dash IE 21 vs the check engine light codes. I have a manual but just not a lot of time to compare and contrast. Thank you

·
Pobrecitos
19,898 Posts
No sir. I have had it on a stand for a few months. My exup valve was acting up upon startup so I was worried. But I'll go check.
In addition was just confused on the numbers on the dash IE 21 vs the check engine light codes. I have a manual but just not a lot of time to compare and contrast. Thank you

Yeah, I'm not sure on that one.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,700 Posts
put the bike in diagnostic mode, look up in your manual which number is your coolant temp reading.. there is a sticky for how to go to diagnostic mode, and i bet it even shows what reading to look for. with the diagnostic set to coolant temp, you will see the exact temp (not sure if in C of F). it should obviously rise the longer the bike is running.. if not, your temp sensor could be bad, or the wire is cut/loose. It's screwed into the back of the cylinder head below the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so I went into diag mode and come to find out in d060:18,30. So I knew my exup valve was sticky and starting to go bad. But fault code 30 came up as well. this states that my lean angle sensor is messed up or faulty. At any rate Im going to do my research.

Any one care to explain what this (21) number on my right lcd is before I turn the bike on. very confused.

Attachments

·
2003 R6
140 Posts
So this code that shows up before I start the bike is a fault code? I thought fault codes where under diag mode

Yes, fault codes do show up under the Diag mode but will show the code to you when you turn the bike on. If it didn't show you the code when you turned the bike on and you never went into Diag mode, you would never know anything is wrong. I'd say go into Diag mode, clear all error codes and see if the 21 goes away or if it shows back up in a day or so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
found the problem. mice created a nest in my bike over winter. chewed through the coolant temp sensor wires. super excited to fix it. thanks for all the help. sorry for the crappy pictures. but there is a lot of material these little bastards got in there.

Attachments

·
2003 R6
140 Posts
found the problem. mice created a nest in my bike over winter. chewed through the coolant temp sensor wires. super excited to fix it. thanks for all the help. sorry for the crappy pictures. but there is a lot of material these little bastards got in there.

Man that sucks but is kind of funny. Glad to hear its an easy fix and they didn't chew through too much of the wiring. Next time you store the bike put a few poison pellets under the tank in the core of the bike, may help kill those suckers before they make a home.

·
Pobrecitos
19,898 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.