Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Take it easy bud, I don't know your past riding experience other than that you haven't ridden in 4 years, but either way I would hone your riding skills first after not being on a bike for so long before you worry about "drag racing" your bike. Just take is easy, ride as often as you can, watch Twist of the Wrist 2, and let it come naturally.

·
~Faster Than Lightning~
1,025 Posts
Hmm...after 4yrs of not riding? I would definitely spend a lot more time getting comfortable with the bike first dude. To me it's more of a feel to it from take off all the way to the 5th gear lol.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Yea everything you said in this post and your other on scares me in that you really should not be worried about trying to go fast. You seriously don't understand why the front wheel comes up when you pin it in first....yikes. A foresee a hospital bill in your near future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi basically I haven't rode in 4 years, and just bought a new r6, 1999. And it is FAST!!. got 120 in few seconds. and at to slow down its the most i've ever hit on a bike. ( only 23 a new ).

Anyway the other day i was in first gear and REV'd fully and the front wheel went up.

So now im scared to go fast in first because i don't want to do some mad wheelie and fall off.

Why did this happen and how do i stay from doing it?

Any tips and advice thank you.

They say it hits 0-60 in 3 seconds i want to try it but cant because of the wheel going up.

my RPM GOES TO 18. and i always change gear around 10 Rpm when blasting it. shall i leave it abit more or around that?
You need to crawl before you can run... What you should do is ride for a couple of months and feel the bike out (No drag racing for now lol) - I'd say about 6 months. After you feel confident enough then look into launching in a safe environment. Remember none of it matters once you get injured or the bike goes down. 6 months is just general getting to know the bike but for every individual it's different. Ride under your limit and be safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts