Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I heard that my 2014 r6 is the slowest of the bunch due to new regulations. Generally I heard the early 2000 r6's are the fastest and since then they have been making them slower. Is this true? And if yes how can I make my r6 just as fast as the rest?

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,319 Posts
Yes. The 200 R6's are the fastest. That's why all the races are won by the 2000 models.....

....Oh wait, never mind.

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
All you need to do is switch out the powerband, Take out the slow Black one and install a Pink powerband.......... YUT UGH!!!!

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
All you need to do is switch out the powerband, Take out the slow Black one and install a Pink powerband.......... YUT UGH!!!!
:nono

Dude quit spreading this bad info around. You know you can't run the pink powerband unless you have the YEC ECU.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Who did you hear this from? Were they selling a 2000 R6?

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
I hear the trick was to send a private message to babymilo36 and he will hook you up with everything you need to go fast

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Hey guys I heard that my 2014 r6 is the slowest of the bunch due to new regulations. Generally I heard the early 2000 r6's are the fastest and since then they have been making them slower. Is this true? And if yes how can I make my r6 just as fast as the rest?
the best way to make your bike faster is to learn how to ride it properly. which, unfortunately, you probably won't do.

anyway, you're probably also listening to some "bike night" queens that don't know much about motorcycles anyway. first step in making your bike go faster is to stay away from them and get to a race track. which, unfortunately, you also won't do.

good luck!

s3aturnr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's what I read on Wikpedia. 2010-2014 r6 only make 122 while before 133 according to what they say. Also 0-60 times 3 sec for new models 2.8 for older models. I don't really care so much I am just wondering why this is so and if it's true

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
It's what I read on Wikpedia. 2010-2014 r6 only make 122 while before 133 according to what they say. Also 0-60 times 3 sec for new models 2.8 for older models. I don't really care so much I am just wondering why this is so and if it's true
Well, if you want a serious answer... the truth is that all of the 3rd gen bikes have some restrictions programmed into the ecu, and I do believe some of those restrictions have changed over the years. Everyone with a 3rd gen should get their ecu re-flashed by a competent tuner to not only remove those restrictions, but make some changes that make the controls smoother. Most forum members (myself included) highly recommend fellow member Chiefsmokedawg. Send him an email and inquire about getting a flash. You won't regret it. :fact http://bauce-racing.com/

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well, if you want a serious answer... the truth is that all of the 3rd gen bikes have some restrictions programmed into the ecu, and I do believe some of those restrictions have changed over the years. Everyone with a 3rd gen should get their ecu re-flashed by a competent tuner to not only remove those restrictions, but make some changes that make the controls smoother. Most forum members (myself included) highly recommend fellow member Chiefsmokedawg. Send him an email and inquire about getting a flash. You won't regret it. :fact http://bauce-racing.com/
^this :fact

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
I hear the trick was to send a private message to babymilo36 and he will hook you up with everything you need to go fast
Have you PM'd babymilo36 yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
On paper the newer models ARE lacking horsepower as compared to the 08 models and the earlier ones, probably due to the emission restrictions and whatever bullshit this world is coming up with. But hell there is no way an R6 is slow, it has a high revving powerband and it'll pull away from any other 600s if u shift it right.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts