Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was Coming home from the drag strip the other night and was rolling about 45 in 1st taching pretty high with a SVT cobra right next to me. beep three times and take off right?? Twisted to the stop and my bike just bogged. cobra now long gone i dont know what happened?? anyone have this problem. I have full exhaust w/ k&n filter.Thanks!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Either you had a cold bike, a bike in need of some maintenance, or you totally fluffed it on the start. At 45 you should be in the powerband or just at the start of the powerband and killed that SVT.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was Coming home from the drag strip the other night and was rolling about 45 in 1st taching pretty high with a SVT cobra right next to me. beep three times and take off right?? Twisted to the stop and my bike just bogged. cobra now long gone i dont know what happened?? anyone have this problem. I have full exhaust w/ k&n filter.Thanks!
Nick Ienatsch says if you have a problem with your bike, look behind the handle bars.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Don't forget, there are many Cobra's running around these days with big superchargers that can out run a 600cc bike from a roll. I'm not saying that this guy has one but it is becoming more common.

·
Registered
853 Posts
What's up? I need to call you sometime.
Word. I know you are out of town this weekend, but check out the pnw rides on the weekends, I'm almost always doing one or another. Also want to get another track day in this summer... (I'm a poor college student who doesn't have a truck or trailer so always looking for assistance out to the track :D)

·
Yes this is me in the pic
137 Posts
Take it as a get away free card...you couldv'e been killed. God, angels... all that stuff. not a preacher, just sayin if it didnt happen it was probably for the better.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Take it as a get away free card...you couldv'e been killed. God, angels... all that stuff. not a preacher, just sayin if it didnt happen it was probably for the better.
I had a SVT mustang rev on me. He lost the race and I heard him laughing as he passed me and the donut brigade on the side of the road.

·
Registered
129 Posts
^^^
man SVT is not match for an r6 with full exhaust and intake. i would say u mess up somewhere maybe didnt down shit to the right gear or maybe ur bike need a tune up bro. also like someone said there is lots of cobras out there that are sick. they cheap to mod and give u crazy power, but at the end its a ford man.

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
You need the pcIII with full exhaust for it to run right.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
cobras are fast these days! i had one keep up with me a few weeks ago. Cool guy though, we chilled after.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
1) full exhaust and a k+n, dont you need a power commander or do u have one?

2) cobras are easily fast as hell my buddy has one. the 03/04 cobras have a forged motor from the factory capable of handling 600-700+ rwhp. full exhaust, a smaller blower pulley, intake, TB, and port the stock eaton blower and they put down 460-500rwhp depending on how aggressive the tune is. thats with the STOCK blower. put a better blower on it and you can easily make 600+ to the wheels. friend wants to race me when his clutch is fully broken in, his car will hit 160 like its nothing. from a dig i'll be a mile up the road before he gets through the intersection but from a roll i imagine he wont be too far back.

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
No, you let your fellow R6 riders down. :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts