Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I have a 2006 Yamaha R6 with around 5000 miles on it.
Relevant mods: FT-ECU Quickshifter, Translogic Autoblipper (Comes with PitWarmer), PC5 Autotune, ECU Flash

My bike sits around 1.0k-1.5k RPM (used to sit at around 2.0k) and putters out on cold starts and in neutral. To ride it, I have to constantly give it a little bit of throttle and have the clutch in; if I rev the bike at all (in neutral) the bike dies.

This all started happening after I started the PitWarmer at a track day and had to ride with it on for a second.
A band-aid fix for this that has worked for me is to completely disable the autoblipper.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved!

If this happens to anyone else, just disable your PitWarmer and check for any cut or damaged wires.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
5,934 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery positive lead and ground it out to the frame. Many ecu’s have an adaptive learning algorithm and this will “reset their cache” so to speak. (Not sure if the R6 had it in 2006)

If that doesn’t work, try calibrating the TPS through the diag mode. Consult the manual for this.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
not sure I understand why the bike needs a flash tune if its stock?? Best way to "warm" a bike up on the stand is to start it and pop it in gear to circulate the oil and spread the heat around instead of relying on the idle/oil pump to do so

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure I understand why the bike needs a flash tune if its stock?? Best way to "warm" a bike up on the stand is to start it and pop it in gear to circulate the oil and spread the heat around instead of relying on the idle/oil pump to do so
it has a full system exhaust etc. I only listed the mods relevant to the issue. And yeah, that's true, the PitWarmer is just an easier/better way of doing that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try disconnecting the battery positive lead and ground it out to the frame. Many ecu’s have an adaptive learning algorithm and this will “reset their cache” so to speak. (Not sure if the R6 had it in 2006)

If that doesn’t work, try calibrating the TPS through the diag mode. Consult the manual for this.
It ended up just being a malfunction in the autoblipper. Thanks anyway! :)

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
looks like you have 3 different systems there...
-FT QS
-Auto blipper
-PC5

-on a stock ECU w/ a flash??

Does the auto blipper net you any lap time? Do you have the factory slipper?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like you have 3 different systems there...
-FT QS
-Auto blipper
-PC5

-on a stock ECU w/ a flash??

Does the auto blipper net you any lap time? Do you have the factory slipper?
Yeah that's right. And yeah, stock ECU w/ flash. The autoblipper helps with keeping the bike stable under heavy braking; it's knocked off a few seconds from my lap times. And yeah, factory slipper.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Yeah that's right. And yeah, stock ECU w/ flash. The autoblipper helps with keeping the bike stable under heavy braking; it's knocked off a few seconds from my lap times. And yeah, factory slipper.
Any modification to the factory one? At best the autoblipper is worth maybe a second. What tracks do you race at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope. Factory slipper. No way man, the autoblipper's gotten me at least 3 seconds at PittRace. My home track is Pittrace, but I frequent Summit Point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts