Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just got my r6 and my first post here.
Mine is a red 2005 r6. What are the cosmetics I could get to improve its look?

I have seen some videos on youtube that the indicator and break light are combined and no longer a need for two indicators sticking out .

I appreciate your advice.

Also what exhaust do you have ? I want to find the exhuast i have seen in youtube which sounds like a formula one car when reved hard.

Are there any cheap performance mods available /

Many thanks

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Aloha!!!!!

Sorry man!!! Cheap mods = weak sauce bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not necessarily cheap. I am happy to spend up to £50 per item which think it reasonable . that is on cosmetic obviously but performace will be significantly higher so why asking what you guys suggest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
basically I don't like the rear indicators and the small plastic plate .
don't like the front indicators and want to get led.

and if guys think there is anything else I can do then I appreciate it so that I can look into it and see if it is a mod I want to do.

I am mainly interested on mods which change the appearance of the bike rather than performance but no harm knowing about performance mods so can have it in mind for future.

One thing that I am mainly interested in ,is to swap my exhaust with something that sounds like this

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
My bone stock '14 needed some minor tweaks, so I installed the following to get things moving:

1. flush front signals
2. integrated tail
3. fender eliminator
4. woodcraft case covers - both sides
5. vortex rearsets
6. woodcraft clipons
7. q3's instead of the oem qualifiers

http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha.html

All the signals and fe were plug n play and only required one drilled hole. The case savers aren't much visually but well worth it in terms of protection. Similar w/ the rearsets as they're adjustable and replacements parts are readily available.

I can't see the youtube, so can't comment on the pipe. Keep in mind that a simple slip-on won't do much. You'll have to go the way of a full pipe to get the real performance and sound. Then again, you'll need afr management and the bill starts adding up. I'd say just leave the pipe alone.

·
My zx6r eats tires.
547 Posts
CRASH PROTECTION, flush turns, and a Danmoto GP carbon can. 2nd gen r6's are quite catchy, especially in red trim. Love the GP'ish intake up front, looks killer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
1. remove reflectors
2. relocate VIN sticker to underseat

See... free cosmetic upgrades!

·
Dangerously Irish
9,506 Posts
:wave

·
Registered
166 Posts
flush-mount front turn signals, aftermarket windshield, powdercoat the wheels a different color than black.

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Underglows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
by flush turn , are we talking about fron led turn signals ?

I also love to get integrated tail light but apparently it is illegal in the UK if the brake light goes out when the turn signal comes on, are there any alternatives ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
many thanks for the post . It gave me few good ideas.

Especially I do like the integrated tail light but apparently it is illegal in the UK as brake light has to stay on when turning so can't do that .

I will probably get a set of flash mounts and wheel stickers plus a can .

regarding rear sets , how much adjustment can you normally expect from them ? is it worth the £300 or 500-600$?

can I remove the rear mud guard , the brake pipe is mounted on it but don't see that been a problem as it is mounted in another 2 locations as well

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.