Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2000 R6, 8000 miles. Curious if any of you guys have any suggestions or tips on this year or generation? The more information the better. Tia.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do you have any pics?? Frame sliders are a must. And Carbs can be finicky so make sure to check 'em out if you just picked the 6 up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. It's a really clean blue on white 2000 with about 8k miles on it. Sat in storage for a while so all new fluids are planned. I'll get pictures up when I pick it up tomorrow. I have heard about some 2nd gear issues so I'm gonna check that out tomorrow. Its sad but I'm already planning on a full matte black paint job and getting the wheels powder coated bronze a la the Daytona 675.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gear

and ride ride ride
I've got an a stars jacket, rf-1000 helmet, and a star gloves right now. I won't be doing any real spirited driving at all on the thing for a while. The riding won't be a problem. Getting me off of it will be the problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys. It's a really clean blue on white 2000 with about 8k miles on it. Sat in storage for a while so all new fluids are planned. I'll get pictures up when I pick it up tomorrow. I have heard about some 2nd gear issues so I'm gonna check that out tomorrow. Its sad but I'm already planning on a full matte black paint job and getting the wheels powder coated bronze a la the Daytona 675.
Sounds F'ing Sexy...
Tia?...you a female rider....? if not...sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts