Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 r6 that isn’t starting. Bike has no codes, good spark, good compression, new fuel, and fuel pump primes. All it does crank but not start. Could it be a ecu problem or relay problem? Also all fuses are good.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Kind of Start with the most basic of things; that being your kill switch, your transmission neutral switch, your hand-clutch switch, your kickstand/sidestand switch. Read out these switches in diagnostic mode. (there may not be one for the hand clutch so will need to manually test using volt meter - a poor connection can develop there particularly when ridden in weather)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you taken a multimeter to all main engine component sensors and checked to make sure all wiring is fine? Lot's of things for a new engine man..... unless you're looking at it so idk if i'll be much help haha.

You could replace ALL relays? Do you know if the ECU was running fine on the last bike it was on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you taken a multimeter to all main engine component sensors and checked to make sure all wiring is fine? Lot's of things for a new engine man..... unless you're looking at it so idk if i'll be much help haha.

You could replace ALL relays? Do you know if the ECU was running fine on the last bike it was on?
I haven’t check anything yet with the multi meter and the guy said it came out of a running bike and it only has 7500 miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts