Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 r6 oil light keeps coming on and flashing. checked my oil, even though I am due for a change in the next couple hundred miles, but the level is pretty much right where it should be and the oil is not that dirty, the light flashed on and off last season sometimes but now its doing it all the time, have not noticed any difference with how it performs though... any one know what it may be?also the last few days it has been around 92 degrees here, would that affect it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have an 05 the oil light has been flashing for 2 years. I change my oil religiously and it sure doesn't burn any. The owners manual says you might have to go to the dealer and simply have it rest, but its not a prob.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i have an 05 the oil light has been flashing for 2 years. I change my oil religiously and it sure doesn't burn any. The owners manual says you might have to go to the dealer and simply have it rest, but its not a prob.
Might wanna check your oil sensor. Either its bad or a loose connection. Simple fix really.... I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts