Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im sorry to bring this back but, I just found a person selling his 2006 750 and I swear this time that its legit lol. Both sellers are from NJ and both are selling their bikes for 6500. The GSXR has 1600 while the 07 R6 not S model has only 390 and both were kept well (Of course Ill have to make sure as well).

But the guy with the GSXR has a title in hand while the other guy has a lien holder so what should I do? More importantly what would you do? Its getting nicer in NJ and I want to ride so bad...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
most will prefer the looks of the r6. how much is left on the loan to clear the lien? if 6500 covers it, everything should be fine but just take a little longer for the transfer process.

if u like the look of the gsxr and want that extra power. go for it.

id get the r6, better handling and looks better IMO and everyone i knows opinion as well. i shouldnt go that fast neways, ha. and insurance will b lower.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
Simple...... They are all close as far as handling and power, but if you want the ugly bike, buy the gixxer.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
the gixxer will not perform that much better, its slightly larger and heavier which offsets the fact that it has an extra 150 cc's. the r6 is alot more agile and "flickable" plus im pretty sure the r6 revs higher and looks a hell of alot better. plus its newer and has less miles and every squid an their brother has a gixxer. this isnt even a question. get the 6

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
The GSXR 750 is a more powerful bike than the R6. Just becuz the R6 has a high RPM doesn't mean it has more power than the 750 (nor a lower RPM bike such as the R1). As for agility, I agree the R6 is the bike for cornering. I think you should get whichever bike you like the best. Both are excellent bikes.

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy still has like 3gs left to pay on the R6 on top of my 6500... I love the look of the R6 but I think I can live with the look of the 750, but whats this I heard about frame problems on the 750? Can someone explain... Yea main reason is that I can get the 750 now and Im not sure how the lien holder and stuff works...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eew... gixxer.... *spits, attempting to get taste out of mouth for saying such a horrible word* :throwup

·
Registered
316 Posts
dude, you are on the r6 forum =) if you go to gixxer forum, they'll tell you to get the gixxer 100%.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
dude if he owes 9500 dont buy it from him. unless he can cover the rest and will do so, the title wont transfer.

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
liquidicy said:
dude, you are on the r6 forum =) if you go to gixxer forum, they'll tell you to get the gixxer 100%.
We have members on the forum who don't own R6'es. We have members who have Honda's, Suzuki's, Ducati's, and more. Most members own R6's, but not all. I do agree that most of us prefer Yamaha R6 over Suzuki GSXR, but the 750 is a nice bike.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I say get the R6, but i'm biased cause i just bought on 07 R6. The GSXR is nice, a riding buddy of mine has one. He has on 06 750 but as others have said it is heavier and uglier IMO. The seating position, especially the way your legs grip the tank are different too. Really, it all depends on your preferences, looks, performance, price, etc. Whatever you get though, get what you want! It will be cold again in NJ next week anyway.

On another note, I was in a similar situation with a title/lien holder thing before I bought my 07. If possible go with the owner to the bank and payoff the lien and get the lien release letter right then and there. If you don't, you are assuming all the risk that he is going to payoff the lien. In my situation I didn't want to take the risk so I just bought a used one from a dealer on cycle trader, paid cash and did all the paperwork the same day. Good luck, let us know what you decide.

·
MO HA HA THE MASTERMIND!!
4,339 Posts
They are both nice bikes but personally I would go with the R6 they both handle nice but the R6 is smoother and I can never get use to the annoying tick of the Suzuki its awful!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Iv had three GSXR 750's my most recent was an 06 gsxr 750 blue and white. Me and 3 buddies went and got them all the same day. GUESS WHAT none of us have them anymore. All our gsxr's had frame issues. Mine being the last it cracked right on the welds. That is why i have purchased my first yamaha witch is an 06 r6. Deffinatly a much better bike all around! :YEA

·
Custom User Title
696 Posts
I rode a GSXR 750 once and liked. It. Unlike 1000's that have an entirely different handling and subsequently riding style, the 750 simply felt like a 600 with more power. I was able to ride it in a very similar manner to my R6 while enjoying the extra power on tap. If I was looking for a street bike the 750 would be very high on my list. It's the best blend of power and 600esque handling I have experienced. I do think the R6 looks much better in street trim, however.

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
at this piont in my life i would go with the 750. uglier-yes faster-yes. but if your new to riding, hell no. If your new, save some cash and buy like an 03 R6, so if you drop it you wont be so heartbroke and will have some extra cash to fix it up. And there is a high possiblity you will drop it. dropped my first bike a few times. good luck with the purchuse.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Pros and cons

Pros: about 15-20 more hp, more low end grunt.
Cons: Its a suzuki... Worse handling.

Pros outweigh the cons, plain and simple. In the end i would rather have my r6 though, i feel more at home and 15 horsepower is not that much... especially after some minor work(Port n polish, bored, tuned, etc...) which i plan on doing once the summer starts.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The 750 is not heavier. From my understanding, its the same frame/bike as the 600, but with a 750 motor. The dry weight of the 750 is like 359, which would make it lighter than the R6.

My specs may be wrong, but the point being is that if there is any difference in weight, its very minimal.

750 is a great size bike, too bad Yamaha doesnt currently offer a supersport in this size.

·
Registered
803 Posts
BaileyMotorSports said:
The 750 is not heavier. From my understanding, its the same frame/bike as the 600, but with a 750 motor. The dry weight of the 750 is like 359, which would make it lighter than the R6.

My specs may be wrong, but the point being is that if there is any difference in weight, its very minimal.

750 is a great size bike, too bad Yamaha doesnt currently offer a supersport in this size.
Lighter then the 08 heavier then the 07

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
if yami would pull their head out of their a$$ and make a 750 there would be a new top seller.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts