Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Get on both and see how you feel on each. (if you can that is)

I'm right next to R.A. I'll look into this or if u can PM me a link that'd be great.

-Ant.

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
I test rode the R1 with NESBA several times, a lot of fun. They'll let you do more than one test ride if it's not packed.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I say R6, people who own liter bikes say it isn't as fun as a 600 because it isn't as agile.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Id ride the r1...simply because I never have. But dont get me wrong....ride the R1, own the R6.

·
Est. 10/21/93
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes but we get to ride year round... on straight roads.
I ride year round :fact. In the middle of winter is the best time of year to go to the Dragon. Almost no traffic, no cops, and best of all, no harleys!! hahah. The only people there are usually locals on sportbikes. And chances are you'll be in there way, they definitely won't be in yours.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
might see what i can do about goin as well... i have credits from nesba too... I bought an R1 a couple months ago, so they OWE ME. haha

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
Most tracks are better suited for 600cc bikes; however, Road Atlanta is an exception. You'll have fun on the R6 or the R1. RA has a very long straight on the back section. I've hit over 170 on it while riding my R1 there in '05. It's since been repaved and the surface is even better. Hopefully, you will get the chance to ride both bikes. Have fun...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts