Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 R6 with 17,000 miles on it now. I got sick of the terrible low end power and set off on a crusade to amend this tragic stain on a relatively fantastic motor/bike.

I started by trying the usual sprocket/520 conversion -1/+4 and this only made my speedo off, reduced my top end cruising speed, and did nothing to address the lack of low end. This did nothing to increase the bike streetability

I ended up getting an Akrapovic slipon, a couple months after realizing I had a BMC airfilter in there. This made the bike sound better, and with the EXUP gone, things got a little smoother overall, but still there was no power between 4-6Krpm and power was still a little wonky overall.

After having searched through the threads here I noticed a few people ranting about Mike at MJSperfomance.

I contacted him and explained my problem. We decided that his Gen 1 header and a PCV with their custom map would be perfect for what I was trying to achieve.

After installing these last 2 components I can tell you with absolute certainty, my bike is now a complete monster at any revs. Power is smooth and plentiful, and the sound is nice and bold. The difference is beyond any of my expectations. Mike provides excellent service, value, quality products, and deserves my full endorsement.

Mods recommended to anyone with 2006-2010 R6:
BMC airfilter with baffle $30
Akrapovic Slip-on Ti Can $400
Dynojet PCV $270
MJS Perfomance Gen 1 header $340

Not so necessary Mod:
Driven 520 conversion kit -1/+4 $120

I hope this is helpful to you R6'ers out there, and that you consider MJS Perfomance for you performance product needs.

Thank you.
-Chris

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
-1/+2 (~$175)
03-05 header mod (~$100 after the muffler shop welds in a bung, and the coupling pipe)
stock slipon with exup removed ($2 for home made exup motor eliminator)
bazzaz and afm ($522)
filter ($60)

mjs is overpriced for what it is, although it is nice. :fact and you don't NEED a slipon. the stocker works just fine. lowsiding with an aftermarket can on sucks - a $50 stocker doesn't hurt that bad when you rebuild... and it sounds pretty dang good without that dumb cat/muffler box.

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
-1/+2 (~$175)
03-05 header mod (~$100 after the muffler shop welds in a bung, and the coupling pipe)
stock slipon with exup removed ($2 for home made exup motor eliminator)
bazzaz and afm ($522)
filter ($60)

mjs is overpriced for what it is, although it is nice. :fact and you don't NEED a slipon. the stocker works just fine. lowsiding with an aftermarket can on sucks - a $50 stocker doesn't hurt that bad when you rebuild... and it sounds pretty dang good without that dumb cat/muffler box.
This.

Just go ahead and buy a brand new AFM though. No tellin what condition a used one is in :sing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts