Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I hope you can help, I have quite a few bikes and very used to working on cars and own a garage

The problem I have is that I have bought my girlfriend a really lovely condition MY 2000 R6, it has had lots of work done and is as clean as a new bike, this is the bike she has always wanted, so good so far

I can ride it but she is struggling with it, the problem is

To pull away you really have to rev it and slip the clutch, it kind of boggs down under 6,000 RPM

The bike was fitted with a Dynojet kit, I have fitted standard carbs which has made it better but still not right

Tonight I went out on the bike to test it with the standard carbs and when I gave it a boot full in second it would not rev past 10k RPM

I really want to get this sorted as quickly as possible as I don't want to put her off the bike as she is coming back to riding after losing a friend in a crash a couple of years ago

Thanks

Ned

·
mmmmm
30 Posts
Hello all
The problem I have is that I have bought my girlfriend a really lovely condition MY 2000 R6, it has had lots of work done I can ride it but she is struggling with it, the problem is

To pull away you really have to rev it and slip the clutch, it kind of boggs down under 6,000 RPM

The bike was fitted with a Dynojet kit, I have fitted standard carbs which has made it better but still not right

Tonight I went out on the bike to test it with the standard carbs and when I gave it a boot full in second it would not rev past 10k RPM
Ned
Welcome to carb life. Sounds like a jetting issue and could be a vacuum leak issue too. Read up on tuning/jetting or take it to a place who knows carbs well.

I don't know the 00 r6's well but I had an f3 and a few other carbed bikes that were sensative to even changing air filters.

If boots get pinched or something else happens that can cause issues. if the needle is in the wrong clip, if the floats aren't set right etc etc etc.

What work is done to it and what jets are you running? If I had to guess you're running lean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts