Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha YZF R6S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Yamaha YZF R6S

My bike will turn on fine; starts perfect; idles good, revs up as high as i want;... but whenever i switch gears, the bike has no power. ill ‘clutchlessly’ shift to first, or any gear, and the bike will have no power to the wheel.

Example: twist key, turn on bike ... (idles)... rev it a few times, but when i press in the clutch + kick down to first,... release clutch and there is no power. i fully release the clutch in 1st gear (and/or any gear) and the bike still idles without shutting off. so my bike is in first gear, kick stand up, im not holding the clutch in, yet the bike is still on and im still able to rev it.

anyone else have this issue? im not sure if its the clutch, or tranny or idk.

its like the clutch has no effect on the bike anymore lol

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,005 Posts
Your sprocket nut fell off.

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha YZF R6S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2009 Yamaha YZF R6S

My bike will turn on fine; starts perfect; idles good, revs up as high as i want;... but whenever i switch gears, the bike has no power. ill ‘clutchlessly’ shift to first, or any gear, and the bike will have no power to the wheel.

Example: twist key, turn on bike ... (idles)... rev it a few times, but when i press in the clutch + kick down to first,... release clutch and there is no power. i fully release the clutch in 1st gear (and/or any gear) and the bike still idles without shutting off. so my bike is in first gear, kick stand up, im not holding the clutch in, yet the bike is still on and im still able to rev it.

anyone else have this issue? im not sure if its the clutch, or tranny or idk.

its like the clutch has no effect on the bike anymore lol
Your sprocket nut fell off.
can i just put it back on? or is it gonna he a bitch?

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,005 Posts
Depends on how much damage is done to the threads. You won’t know until you take the cover off.

·
Registered
2009 Yamaha YZF R6S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends on how much damage is done to the threads. You won’t know until you take the cover off.
also. when im putting in new clutch plates. since theyre all the same size ik its fiber, plate , fiber , plate , and so on. but im not sure how the order goes. i have another forum about that if u dont mind checking it out brotha💯

1 - 6 of 6 Posts