Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whad up guys im still new to street bikes so help me out here. I feel like im not getting the power i should be on my r6. I cant keep up with my friends 04 600rr for anything which doesnt seem right at all and no its not me the rider. When i was on his rr i could tell the huge difference between power and i know his bike has a bit better low/mid power but even on 1+ mile straights i cannot keep up with him going all out. He hopped on my bike and told me it should have more pull and power even in the higher rpm range he couldnt keep up with me either when i was on his. Now i dont really know where to start in thinking where the problem is any suggestions would be great. My friend mentioned the PC map but when i purchased it from the guy he said don't touch it it was tuned by a local racer...i also have a full arrow race exhaust so maybe did he take something off that im losing power from?? Im new to the mechanics of street bikes so try to help me out here. Thanks guys

·
Registered
96 Posts
try and put a new map on your pc.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree for a starting point. You can save the map and load a new one. If it makes no difference then reload the old "racer" map. You could also go back to the basics...is everything clean/new on the bike. Maybe it needs an airfilter or a new plugs, etc. JMO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks guys im going to download a new map and check the plugs and filter tomorrow. Ill let you know what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts