Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when im in nuetral, should there be slack between 1st and 2nd gear? What i mean is in nuetral, if I put my foot on the shifter, should it be firm or not? It seems like before it was very crisp and now when i go from 1st to 2nd, i seem to be going to nuetral and not all the way to second. Seems like the distance between 1st, nuetral and 2nd has increased....anyone??

ps. when i had my oil change done the idiot forgot to tighten my shifter pedal back to stock and i had him fix it. Could it have fudged up somewhere between then and now..i put 400 miles on the bike since then

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
why would your shifter be loose if you're changin your oil???

But yeah, there is a little slack from neutral to first or second...its fine

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To get the fairing off, you have to loosen the shifter to get to one of the bolts...so the guy forgot to attach it back and i rode off only to not be bale to put it into nuetral once in first....so i took it back and he fixed it. Ok so if the slack is fine then thats good i guess...

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Ok, i guess i've never changed the oil on an 07 before. With my 03 i just take the fairing bolts off and there we are. But yeah, the slack is fine...

·
Registered
566 Posts
mine is the same way its normal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts