Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm pretty sure im going to buy an 06 r6 from a member on here....The bike is in naples florida and im in massachusetts...my parents are in Naples now and they looked at it and said it was great...I can put the bike in my parents place till february 1st then there coming back and I got to get it home...Do you guys know any good shipping companies or have any experience with any thanks for the help!!!!

·
cruisin for a bruisin
315 Posts
Rent a truck, and drive down and back.

Call some moving companies, they can load the bike on a semi, and then bring it up north alot closer to you with other peoples belongings.

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
If that's not an option. I just typed in "motorcycle shipping company" in google just to see. Did a shipment from 32043(Greencove Springs, Fl) to 15338(Pennsylvania) these zips I knew off the top of my head. Ended up being 606.43 door to door or 393.83 terminal to terminal. This was from freight shipping.com. Link is http://www.freightcenter.com/motorcycle_shipping.aspx Of course you would have to check into it further than I did but that seems like a reasonable price and it says that they have enclosed vehicles. Good luck.:)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I used a company called united road to ship my truck, if they ship motorcycles I would give them a shot

·
Styling
195 Posts
If that's not an option. I just typed in "motorcycle shipping company" in google just to see. Did a shipment from 32043(Greencove Springs, Fl) to 15338(Pennsylvania) these zips I knew off the top of my head. Ended up being 606.43 door to door or 393.83 terminal to terminal. This was from freight shipping.com. Link is http://www.freightcenter.com/motorcycle_shipping.aspx Of course you would have to check into it further than I did but that seems like a reasonable price and it says that they have enclosed vehicles. Good luck.:)
I have relatives that live up in boston and I from PA.. I know boston is 8hrs away driving so shipping might be a little more.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I don't think anyone commented on the quality of shipping a bike from companies.

I wonder if they throw it in a throw and drive, if that's the case some people even strap it down and have trouble because the bike leans, rashes plastics and mirrors.

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
fly down, rent a truck one-way, drive it back...should be about the same price as shipping it, and you won't worry about them effing it up...ESPECIALLY since you won't be there to see the "before" documented

1 - 13 of 13 Posts