Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea about shipping motorcycles? I need my bike to get from Florida to Honolulu in August. I know of lots of expensive options but I am looking for something a little more frugal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
All I can say is have it shipped to Cal. and then have it put on a ship and sent over. Give these guys a call and see if they might be able to help you. 1-888-428-5245
HAUL BIKES

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

I used these guys to ship my bike from Houston TX to Princeton NJ.

I was very satisfied with their service, they kept upto their estimated pickup and delivery dates and even gave me a free motorcycle cover at the time of delivery. Good service.

http://www.motorcycleshippers.com/

1-800-730-3151

Cheers

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Anyone have any idea about shipping motorcycles? I need my bike to get from Florida to Honolulu in August. I know of lots of expensive options but I am looking for something a little more frugal.
Did you check to see if you have to pay an import tax and if the emissions are the same. It may be cheaper to sell the bike and buy one there. My cousin moved from NJ to PR and when they went to get there stuff they hade to pay 23,000 for impor taxes on the cars, bike and furniture.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also, when you ship, be careful to ask for enclosed trailer...some shippers dont used enclosed trailers and I would really prefer not having my bike shippen in the open exposed to the elements and what not...

The guys from JC motors had a good price quote as well. If you're an AMA member, you get an additional discount :sing . Just make sure you ask about it :rolleyes:

lata

1 - 6 of 6 Posts