Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2007 r6s and i have an issue I need figured out as soon as possible. I went to start the bike the other day and all I heard was a buzzing under the seat and all the guages went retarded. So obviously I realized it was the starter relay. I purchased a new starter relay and its still buzzing!!!. Any help is super appreciated!!!!!!! Thanks in advance

·
....Casper....
719 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was thinking also, but I put my volt meter up to it and it's reading just fine, unless my meter is faulty. I've even tried jumping the bike just to get it started and all it does is buzz

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
chase the wiring to the starter and check for 12v getting to the starter motor

plus figure out what is buzzing and get back to us.

also try rolling the bike off instead of using the starter let us know if it starts up

·
Registered
36 Posts
It'll buzz if the battery is low. It may show fine on the voltmeter but not have enough cranking amps. But you did try jump starting it? Will it bump start?

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
you need 12.8v to start the bike. You have to run it above 5000 rpms to charge it. How did you jump start it? If you use the car to jump it Dont start the car. Just hook up the jumper cables and then start the bike.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Similar thing happened to me last week. Went to start up the 6 after hibernation. It ran just fine last fall before I put it away. I did everything right (trickle charger etc..). Went to start it and everything looked fine (tach sweep, fuel pump) until I hit the start button. Everything died. From then on I'd get a buzz from the stater solenoid or a weak neutral light. Overall pretty intermittent behavior. The battery voltage was reading 12.8V without a load on it.

Leave your voltmeter leads connected when you press the start button and report back. If the voltage drops really low like less than 10V or lower it's your battery. I'd be willing to bet that's your problem.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts