Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance coompany is going to cover the theft of my r6. It was returned
but I have to get it titled in my name before they give me my money... I am wondering since it will be a hassle for me to get it transfered that I ask for the bike back and since it doesnt have a tag ( because of the title problem),
I will stunt in parking lots. Hopefull that they are still giving me money and Ill still need transportation for it to and from stunt locations.:)

·
Jennings rocks!
1,435 Posts
My insurance coompany is going to cover the theft of my r6. It was returned
but I have to get it titled in my name before they give me my money... I am wondering since it will be a hassle for me to get it transfered that I ask for the bike back and since it doesnt have a tag ( because of the title problem),
I will stunt in parking lots. Hopefull that they are still giving me money and Ill still need transportation for it to and from stunt locations.:)
I dont really understand your situation. My R6 was stolen and recovered too. The insurance gave me money and my bike and title was out of my posession. I was never given the choice to buy it back because I joined the military.

Did they catch the thief? If they did, prepare yourself for one giant headache. My bike was stolen over a year ago and Im finally taking the guy to court in October.

If its all the same, glad your getting her back. Wish I could be more help.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well in your case usually they pay off the bike to the lean holder if you have one and the diff goes to you, or in my friends case they just paid off the lean holder and he got no money , you can ask the bank/leanholder to let you keep the bike and the check goes to them and then you get sent the title by them, if not they will just impound it and auction it off. I guess we need more info to help you out better with advice!

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Let me get this straight. If your bike is stolen, and recovered, the insurance company will pay it off and let you keep it without a title?

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Right FF...usually the ex-owner buys the bike from the insurance co.....or the insurance sells the bike to the salvage yard. If not there would be a glut of stolen bikes...with the ex-owners riding free..NOT?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I just spoke to someone at my insurance company and Im waiting for a call back. the title needs to be taken to small claims court to be put in my name. Ill keep you up to date.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Let me get this straight. If your bike is stolen, and recovered, the insurance company will pay it off and let you keep it without a title?

Am I missing something?
In his case the insurance company paid it off or is paying it off but then the police delivered the bike to him as recovery, hes actually suppose to surrender the bike to the bank to sale to a salvage yard or you can cut a deal with the bank or salvage yard and pay the difference ( the damage of bike if any) to the bank or pay the salvage yard for the bike before they auction it off and then you can get the title same way with cars But thats only during damage or if its been past the allotted time that they require before paying a owner for a bike/car that was stolen , if you get the bike back you can just resume as paying as usual ! He just wasnt really clear about it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is because the title was never transfered out of the original owners name(I have to go to small claims court and get it transfered because I dont know how to get in touch with him)?.....................It was insured because I have all the paperwork for the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts