Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a tank cover from Auctmarts when buying a set of their fairings? As I understand, the 2008-2016 R6s do not have a removable tank cover so I'm quite curious as to how this tank cover actually works? Does anyone have any pics, I've exhausted the search function and can't find a set with the tank cover installed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: R6 "Tank Cover"

Curious as well. There is a company out there that you can actually use as a tank cover. Motoforzafairings.com. Met the dude selling them here in the States at a trackday I did a month ago. Looks pretty legit along with the track plastics they sell.
This is the sample pic Auctmarts sent me when I asked about it and I'm having difficulty visualizing it on the bike. Seems like it would sit non flush with the gas cap, that is the gas cap would sit recessed under the cover. I also don't see how it would even fit on in the first place

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Where are your fingers
14 Posts
I don't know about the tank cover, but if you buy from Auctmart, make sure they don't skimp you on the UV coating. I bought fairings from them and they faded in a month. They claimed it was because I used "soap water" and apparently you're only supposed to rinse them off with water and no cleaner. I literally hadn't even washed them yet, I had them for such a short time.
You get what you pay for, I bought Monster fairings and washed them for years with no fading.

AuctMart offered me a $50 discount on my next set when I brought it up to them.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about the tank cover, but if you buy from Auctmart, make sure they don't skimp you on the UV coating. I bought fairings from them and they faded in a month. They claimed it was because I used "soap water" and apparently you're only supposed to rinse them off with water and no cleaner. I literally hadn't even washed them yet, I had them for such a short time.
You get what you pay for, I bought Monster fairings and washed them for years with no fading.

AuctMart offered me a $50 discount on my next set when I brought it up to them.
Thanks for the tip, I definitely let them know to do a few extra coats of the UV coating/clear coat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts