Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about three weeks ago i was at a road in the middle of no where with some friends where we practice wheelies and endos and all that other illegal stuff you can do on a motorcycle. Well our other friend called and asked what we wanted to drink from the gas station. I told him i was fine but i would find out what our other friend on a ZX-10 wanted. As I hang up the phone i see the ZX-10 getting ready for a wheelie so i flash my lights at him. Well this guy can hold a wheelie for forever and can even shift gears while in the wheelie so he normally doesnt set the bike down til 120-130mph. I turn around and am trying to keep up with him so i can ask him. Well after he finally sets it down he keeps going past where everyone else usually turns around. At this point i am thinking that he took the headlight flash as a signal for "the cops are coming and we need to leave" so i speed up even more. He waited until he got to a section where a median starts up before he started to slow down. And he doesnt have mirrors so he cant see me running up on his ass. Now im confused because he went so far but is now slowing down. Well without warning he goes to turn around. I look and realize i have no escape route and am still running about 70mph. In a panic and not wanting to slam into my friend I did the worst thing possible and grab a fist full of front brake bringing the ass end of the bike up and over, slamming me into the pavement, with the bike landing on top of me. Luckily i was fully geared with helmet, jacket, and gloves. Immediatley I knew that i had broken my collar bone but couldnt stand up because it knocked the wind out of me. My immediate thought was "o shit my bike!" but i was stuck on the ground. So i reach in my pocket and pull out my phone with the intention of calling my buddy Mike who is the one at the gas station. I realize my phone is broke as well and now my other buddy on the ZX-10 is standing over me asking if Im ok. I ask him if he has Mike's number and he responds with yes. I then tell him to call Mike and tell him what he wants to drink. He calls Mike and tells him I wrecked and will probably need a ride to the hospital. After he hangs up I tell him all I want to know is how my bike is. He pick it up and starts listing things off: Broken upper fairing stay, all the plastics are attached but broken, broken sub-frame, and the tops of my forks are ground down. I go to the hospital and learn I have a snapped collar bone that is overlapping by an inch and that it, not even any road rash, which i consider to be pretty lucky. I have full coverage but my deductible is 1k. Insurance come out and totals the bike with no hesitation. I wanted to buy it back but they wanted 2800 for it so i said keep it. So after my deductible and them paying for my gear I got a check for 5k. i had every intention of buying another R6 but then I came across an 05 CBR RR with only 8k miles for 5k flat so i jumped on it. I had surgery last week to have a titanium plate put on my collar bone. I got the bike 5 days ago and am very happy with it. It wheelies way better than the R6 and still has a very planted feel about it in the corners. I am sad to be leaving the Yamaha family but have plans to buy another R6 next month to go along with my Honda. Here are some pics of the old and new.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
sorry to hear about you accident, at least you made it out ok. let us know when you get another r6 and post up some pics of it.:)

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
That’s dedication right there, taking one for the team to make sure your buddy doesn't go thirsty:lmao

I’m glad to hear you’re alright.... it sucks, but it could have been much worse. Enjoy the RR!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
"So i reach in my pocket and pull out my phone with the intention of calling my buddy Mike who is the one at the gas station. I realize my phone is broke as well and now my other buddy on the ZX-10 is standing over me asking if Im ok. I ask him if he has Mike's number and he responds with yes. I then tell him to call Mike and tell him what he wants to drink"

hahahahahha that sounds like something i would do hahaha

·
Roll Tide Roll
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah im in colorado right now for the summer but i will be back in Alabama in 2 weeks for school and there is a guy that wants to sell me his 2005 R6 for 2 grand!! He apparently laid it down going real slow and it scared him so now it has just sat outside for like a year or so and needs a new chain and brakes. So im gonna use student loans and buy it.

so why'd ur friend decide to keep going and suddenly turn outta no where?
He can do a wheelie longer than the rest of use because he is on a ltre and can shift gears ao he wanted more room. I just wasnt thinking.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
so why'd ur friend decide to keep going and suddenly turn outta no where?
your sig is funny and gross at the same time:fact

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
good to hear you are ok, and congrat's on the new ride.

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
650 Posts
Yeah man. Nuts on the colar bone but sweet Honda. You're gonna have a Honda AND a yamaha? I wish i had the money to do that ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts