Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
thats wot i like to see, a car taking a good beating from our beloved R6.
i think they could of put it up against a more track type race car and it would of still kicked ass
KEEP THEM COMING DJ, CLASS

·
Registered
786 Posts
I recently watched a track video of a newer (996) Porsche GT3 have a go on the Nordschleife Nürburgring against an older R1 ... at one point, the car takes off from the bike out of sight... The video features dual onboard footage being shown from both bike and car... The lap time is no where near ideal ( fair amount of traffic on track, temperature was cold) giving the car the advantage in terms of grip I would imagine.... but the funny thing is, the bike beats the car over the line after passing the GT3, which is held up by some other random Cager.. some of you are probably saying "so what, a measley Porsche Carrera beat the R1 before on track in the British video) .. but it makes me look twice about expensive-ass cars and people who rant about "oh my _ _ _ _ _ can smoke you in a straight line" , or "My _ _ _ _ _ _ can destroy your _ _ _ _ on the track..." Since off the track they really can't tap into the power, and ON the track, chances are there is traffic (unless you are über rich to afford a private track day)

Kinda off track from the E55 / R6... but when you think about it, it makes you wonder who ends up having more fun on the average track day... someone paying 10X as much for an expensive exotic car they have to behave with off the track, or a :twisted: person on a bike... then again, it was the 20km Nürburgring

just my crazyass thoughts after a long day...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts