Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kno this is a r6 site and is probably biased...but whats the main differences in teh bike...besides teh exhaust

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
my cousin rides a 600rr and he lives near me so i always have a chance to get on it.

i think the only things the 600rr has going for it is:

- underseat exhuast, looks so sweet, but riding behind him while he's tucked makes it look like he just got out of prison with a huge black roommate named tyrone.

- prolink rear suspension. i dunno too much about this, but i just hear that it helps stabilize the rear wheel when leaned over or something.

- pegs are higher up, more ground clearance.

as far as the r6 over the 600rr, this is what i've come across:
- easily-er flickable, but i guess it's an advantage to the specific type of rider.
- taking things off is SOOO much easier than the 600rr.
-2 bolts on the rear of the r6 seat as opposed to taking off fairings and reaching in for the 600rr
- windscreen bolts + mirrors to remove the windscreen instead of taking off another part of the 600rr
- changing oil is easier, the filter is easier to access as opposed to reaching in between the headers and the block for the 600rr.
- i'm sure there are other things, i'm just not that mechanically inclined to have discovered it yet
- the 600rr seat is like sitting on a piece of wood.
- as far as i can tell, the 600rr power band requires about 2k more rpms before you get any power.

those are the things i can name off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I rode my friends 600RR before and his front feels way heavier then the SIX. It's harder to flick back and fort. I dunno if this is due to the different type of tires the Honda and Yamaha are using. The hondas has a 70pro the Yamaha has a 60pro.

I guess it all boils down to personal perference

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have to agree w/ delta, 600rr is a bitch to work on plus the sit is so damn uncomfortable! me and my friend got a bike at the same time he got the black 600rr ang i got the blue 04 r6. i helped him change the oil on his bike, it took us forever just taking off the fairings, and the oil filter is hard to access. we had to drill a hole on his filter and use a srew driver just for us to take it out. unlike the r6 it took me 45 mins to do my first oil change!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I think the biggest difference in the two bike is the tranny.....the tranny on the 6 is clunky and takes a lot of effort to get from gear to gear.....the 600RR is sooooooo smooth and effortless...

Other differences.....
the seat on the 600rr sucks but you forget about it after while....
more aggressive riding position on RR.....
the ride on the RR feels more stable....(to me)
the front end is heavy on the RR you have to beat the shit out of it to get it up on one....
rr sucks to work on......REALLY SUCKS!!!!!

both are good bikes....both have +'s and -'s....it's all a matter of opinion....it's been said before that no mere mortal (a newb) will be able to tell the subtle differences between the bikes.....so it's all about what you feel COMFORTABLE on....

·
Registered
274 Posts
600rr is by far heavier than the r6. the r6 is more pasenger friendly when it comes to comfort, replacing turn signals on the 600rr is a biatch!!!...u have to remove the front fairinf practically to get to the turn signals....just the things Ive noticed and heard.
YAMAHA all the way!
:drink :drink

·
Registered
953 Posts
over all, unless you want to get to picky, the only difference is comfortability. looks are too but that's different in everyone's own eyes so it's not important.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts