Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the quicker bike through the 1/4 mile? My buddy is picking up his new 03 rr on monday and I have been unable to find any power numbers on the bike to get an idea of how fast it is. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
293 Posts
from what ive seen the numbers are almost identical except the rr is heavier. with that said my good buddy has a rr with a slipon and our bikes are about the same sometimes i think mine is faster but i dont know how hard he is pushing. ive ridden it a lot of times too and cant tell a difference in speed and the handling feels a lot like my 02 6 too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the only thing the RR has is top speed,my buddy has one and off the line he is toast,same as midrange,but at top end,those bikes are insane..but how often do you go 140+mph.hardly ever..so top end they have us but thats about it..but it depends on the rider..

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The RRs look like they have a butt-hole from the back

:moon

·
Registered
527 Posts
I love Hondas but in a stock race the R6 will win. Its lighter and its geared more for low and mid range. Now if they are a better rider then you will have problems. Now the secret that I don't tell anyone. If you can leave between 8-10 grand then a lot of bikes will have problems. I didn't belive this till the other day when I had this guy on a gixxer 1000 that wanted to play. I normally don't race on the street but he go beside me at stop light. Well I guess he should have paid attention because when I left he just kind of sputted and had to fight a 12. He didn't wreck but it was still funny. This bike will come up in three gears!!!!

:jump
Blade

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well down here in Georgia we do a lot of drag racing. If your a fan you follow your sport. Can't wait till the Prostar finals in November to see if Team Orient Express can take the title away from the Kaws which have dominated the field for so long. Nothing like the underdog to win the series.

Blade

By the way I drag race a 929 and a R6.

·
max speed
242 Posts
fireblade31003 said:
I love Hondas but in a stock race the R6 will win. Its lighter and its geared more for low and mid range. Now if they are a better rider then you will have problems. Now the secret that I don't tell anyone. If you can leave between 8-10 grand then a lot of bikes will have problems. I didn't belive this till the other day when I had this guy on a gixxer 1000 that wanted to play. I normally don't race on the street but he go beside me at stop light. Well I guess he should have paid attention because when I left he just kind of sputted and had to fight a 12. He didn't wreck but it was still funny. This bike will come up in three gears!!!!

:jump
Blade
Could you please expain how you launch your bike at that rpm? Just revving it up to 6 I am too scared to let out the clutch let alone 10,000 rpm :!:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Simple drag racing. Don't be scaried. NO really. Find the piont where your clutch grabs. Slip the clutch while still giving it gas. Now if your brave just let it go. YOur not to high where it will flip. It will just spinor jump forward. Expect the front wheel to come up and if your high enough in rpm it will come up in second. Control is the key and practice.

Blade

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If you can get the 6000 rpm launch down you will have an advantage over most other riders.

If you launch your R6 at 6k and they struggle to get it going you will beat almost any bike

Also do not use the clutch to shift, just put pressure up on the shifter and chop the throttle quickly.

I beat an inexperienced drag racer on a 954 on my r6...

Launch, clutchless shift, and tuck like youve never tucked before.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thats the idea. On a 600 your behind and they look at you like a baby bike is going to beat me. Little do they know that this bike can make a 1000 look like an ass in no time. Practice your launch thats where you win the race!!!!

Blade

1 - 14 of 14 Posts