Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
oops.....
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 2003 R6 that i accidently rode into a fire hydrant the other night, i looked at the frame and it looks to be in great shape. i am in Yuma AZ and am looking to ride this bike again, if anyone is near me that has parts please let me know, i am currently talking to a guy with a 2004 that has front end damage. [email protected] is the bast way to cotact me. here are a few pics of the bike after i got it home....

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/sardo_67/bike oops/

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
Damn!

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Ouch! it be eaiser to start over again.Seriously thats ALOT of work to get it back on the road.A better idea is to find a bike like yours that only needs the parts that are good on your bike.Myself though id rather get another bike(clean title)!

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Sorry about your bike man. It looks to be in pretty rough shape. How did you come out of it? I dont know much about rebuilding bikes but I dont think I'd bother. I just wouldnt feel safe on it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I think it would be easier to sell the parts that are good and buy something new...

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Those damn fire hydrants...i hate when they jump out in front of you. All joking aside..sounds like you made it through unharmed aside from a battered ego. Like PEnGUiN188 said....time to bury that thing. You said the frame looks like its in good shape....and I say "What frame?" Good luck.

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
definatly need a new bike lol

·
Newb On A Mission!
193 Posts
is it just me, or does this post look weird.. all that from a fire hydrant.. is that possible?

·
oops.....
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the bike looks worse in the pics than it really is, i'm not trying to make it look brand new just so i can ride it again, i bought it for 2300 a month ago because i looked like shit and i never rode a bike. all the plastic was cracked and had been spraypainted blue because some one stole it but it was recovered. i'm not interested in plastic because i already got one offer for it, i still owe money on the bike so i might as well fix it. there is no visable damage to the frame except where the right rear set mounts to and no rash at all. i am not going to file an insurance clame so the title will stay lean, i still don't have the title in my name and i may learn to stunt on it so it's gonna get dropped again.

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
the bike looks worse in the pics than it really is, i'm not trying to make it look brand new just so i can ride it again, i bought it for 2300 a month ago because i looked like shit and i never rode a bike. all the plastic was cracked and had been spraypainted blue because some one stole it but it was recovered. i'm not interested in plastic because i already got one offer for it, i still owe money on the bike so i might as well fix it. there is no visable damage to the frame except where the right rear set mounts to and no rash at all. i am not going to file an insurance clame so the title will stay lean, i still don't have the title in my name and i may learn to stunt on it so it's gonna get dropped again.
Dude. the bike is in like 30 different pieces! Its already been stolen yet the title is still clean?:dunce:

This is either another A-rab thread or you seriously need to consider going through your insurance and have them right you a check to total the bike out.

·
mine is better than yours
664 Posts
OMFG! damn that bike is ****ed up. claim that bitch and get another. there is NO way that frame is ok. my previous bike wasnt even close to that damage and it was totalled out. its expensive to fix those things up...but if you plan on fixing whatever is left...gl

·
oops.....
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok, i have insurance but not full coverage because that was more a year than i paid for the bike, the frame has no marks on it from this crash at all, none, the frame may be tweaked because the rear swing arm was ripped off but as of right now it's fine. i need rear sets, swing arm, tail section, right hanle bar, stator cover,levers and some other shit too (not a new bike) i owe too much on this to just throw it away and i can get maybe 1200 for the parts or 2g if i do some shady shit or screw some people over. i'm not trying to make this into a show bike or anything just something i can ride and i don't care what it looks like becausae it looked like shit to begin with.

those were how i got it.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts