Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I know you guys are thinking wtf kinda thread is this? Well i hit the streets at night at 41 degrees with with armin van buuren blaring and a state of trance on the ipod. I hit 140 and then the ipod just froze up, piece of shit 5th gen! Steve Jobs might be good at marketing but someone needs to tell him to make his shit R6 proof because when your having a blast and the music stops that just isn't kosher with me. I didn't spend a whole 5 mins downloading free music just to freeze up! Apple can't handle the R6! :flame

·
My R6.....
176 Posts
I never have a problem with my iPod and I use it every day to and from work on the 6. Speaking of which, what songs do you have on while riding?

·
My R6 has a boo boo.
416 Posts
I use an ipod shuffle, no moving parts. Flash memory is the way to go. Try doing a software upgrade. That may fix your problem.

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
This used to happen to me and took me like 4 interstate rides before I figured it out. I used to put my Ipod in my pocket of my jacket and when I would tuck in the idpo would touch the tank. All the vibrations would cause it to freeze. I dont know if that is what caused yours but its deff. a problem.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
iPhone is where its at. :D

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Got a 5th gem too_Only locked up on me 2-3 times, but never on the bike though.I stick mine in my pant pocket.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never have a problem with my iPod and I use it every day to and from work on the 6. Speaking of which, what songs do you have on while riding?

I listen to trance mostly when riding, it just sort of flows well with the music. Rage Against the Machine is good too for riding, it'll make you want to race everyone though ;)

How about yourself?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use an ipod shuffle, no moving parts. Flash memory is the way to go. Try doing a software upgrade. That may fix your problem.
It's on the latest now. This isn't the first time it's locked up, but it is the first while riding, the only other time it happens is during cardio workouts when it bounces up and down while running. Maybe I'll look into a shuffle just for riding, I'm sure flash would be better for that. It definitle has to be apple though, itunes is the way too go. :toocool:

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
I use my verizon enV, best mp3 player ever. i prefer integrated electronics over multiple gizmos. a good phone = gps, mp3 player, camera, camcorder, internet, ect you get my point lol

·
12,482 Posts
Buy a Sansa... AWESOME mp3 player smaller than most iPods, but pretty much same functionality.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts